95 XE with 103K - What to Expect

trundle

Hey everyone, I am seriously considering a 95 with 103K miles. It has the automatic transmission, which I am a little nervous about. What should I expect as far as performance and maintenance go. It needs new tires. I will need to switch out the trans cooler (any estimate on price on this one). The suspension seemed fine, but likely needs some work. I'm going to take it to a mechanic before purchase to make sure there is nothing I am missing. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-Tim

check the thread of common problems.

off the top of my head, timing belt soon... manifold studs broken... 100k+ is long on an AT if it was not cared for. check for frame rust/rot

edit... here's the thread:

common problems

Edited by k9sar

yeah I chewed up the transmission in my 1st 95 finder, but that is becasue it was in an accident and should have been totalled. It was not the smoothest, but I think I need to take ti out for another drive to see how it is acting.

Among other things, take it out for a looong drive, as in all fluids up to temp, high speed, low speek, up hill, hard driving, into 4WD on loose surface (I spun some mild brody's in the gravel in the car lot :D ) to make sure everything is working, and keeps working, just fine. Definately DON'T RUSH. You're the one with the $$$ here.

Among other things, take it out for a looong drive, as in all fluids up to temp, high speed, low speek, up hill, hard driving, into 4WD on loose surface (I spun some mild brody's in the gravel in the car lot :D ) to make sure everything is working, and keeps working, just fine. Definately DON'T RUSH. You're the one with the $$$ here.

good advice pickles.. k9 got you covered on the other stuff.. if it has a wobble while driving it's the center link and possibly ball joints..

otherwise, all fluid changes, and a tune up..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pathyman95

i got a 95 pathy i love it ill drive it till the wheels fall off and i have 151k on it and it has no tranny probs what so ever my only problem is the gutless pig of a motor