It Begins.

Vsicks Pathy

I had some time spare today so I test fitted the bracket/bash plate. If fit like a glove and you can't see it unless you crouch down. I like it like that!

Some pics and please excuse the mess.

Look very carefully and you can see it.

tcbash25pw5.jpg

Another look.

tcbash20km6.jpg

From behind.

tcbash21eh2.jpg

Looking from the diff toward the motor.

tcbash22nu6.jpg

You may note that nothing is holding it at the front. This is because the front xmember hasn't been made yet.

It will bolt to it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice work...What was the total time spent on doing this out of curiosity?

Bash plate/come mounting bracket, or vise versa.

The time to measure up where the transfer case would fit was the hardest part. It is not too big or too heavy but it was big and heavy enough to be awkward. It is nowhere near where I wanted it to finish up. I wanted it further toward the back but there just wasn't enough clearance for it. The drive train tunnel got too narrow. If you don't have a 3" BL forget this little home improvement. This took the longest amount of time. It had to be right before I started because the location dictated how it would be done. I tried it on its side, both left and right, but it couldn't go either way. I wanted to see a 720 with one in it but couldn't find one. After I had made my mind up as to where it would finally go, to weld it took about 20 mins... The tig needed to have a rest between welds. I had the steel (raw shape) cut for me for the transfer case. I just rounded it with a grinder. That took all of ten minutes I suppose?

The cross member into bash plate.

The fun part was getting the 5mm to match each end/side of the existing but cut up Pathy xmember. That was a pain in the arse. I did make a template of each end and used that as a guide. That too was done with a grinder. I preyed that a plasma cutter would appear in my garage but it never happened.

It took about an hour and a half to shape the 5mm plate ready for welding. I still have to shape and weld the top section. The bend will be the interesting part of that exercise.

So, it is the prep that takes the time.

looking sharp steveo

i think this calls for a trip over to you when your ready to test it.... :beer::D :D :D

the current car doesnt have tooth pick steering, so some of those harder tracks could be on the cards.

looking sharp steveo

i think this calls for a trip over to you when your ready to test it.... :beer::D :D :D

the current car doesnt have tooth pick steering, so some of those harder tracks could be on the cards.

Sounds like a plan Steevo. A good plan :aok:

What's the patrol like with the front locker?

If you can't sell your Pathy a decide to wreck it, I'd like first bid on the disc brake arse end.

Better keep this on topic though... Dan might lock the thread. :shiftyeyes: lol

P.S.

I thought I had a late model dash... The (wrecking) Pathy was advertised as a '96 so I flew down to take a look. Alas, it was a '94 and the same as mine.... YUK!

the troll is absolutely fantastic

massively strong, tough & ready to go :D

the td42 with turbo & intercooler goes great, more power than you can poke a stick at. i love it

the airlocker up front just enhances the experience..... :):):):)