the worst has come

unccpathfinder

alright its finally confirmed....the motors blowin blue/grey...doesnt happen on cold crank or warm crank only when the truck has sat at idle for a lil while then hit the gas and it smokes but not constant just a lil puff...

im thinkin rings whats every1 else thinkin?

Valve stem seals as the engine idles it sucks oil in past the seals when you give it a rev it goes into the cilinder and het presto smoke :secret:

I think you can put new ones in with out taking the heads off by putting each piston to the top taking out the spark plug putting compressed air hose in it keeping the air going in while you take the valve spring off replacing the seal refitting the spring and then moving on to the next one . :aok:

At least that's how we did it on a falcon 4.1 motor :cool2:

you can make a air fitting out of a old spark plug :beer:

Edited by parthy

did a top half rebuild about 3 years ago...so i was figuring it wasnt the valve seals...but that would be awsome...i've got 250k did the rebuild at 225 when a timing belt broke...

yea i've dropped an email and left a message on here about that other motor but no response yet...

did a top half rebuild about 3 years ago...so i was figuring it wasnt the valve seals...but that would be awsome...i've got 250k did the rebuild at 225 when a timing belt broke...

yea i've dropped an email and left a message on here about that other motor but no response yet...

Sound like it could be the rings then.

Good luck with it all.

whats that mean...im FU..................done? ....i really wish she wouldnt have done this right now...

That means that I am in proccess of having it sent to me... as my engine does not run at all... damaged crankshaft

haha i thought u were meanin my motor was in the middle of the deal of being done haha...

thats cool is that the 1 in MD?...im just gonna keep on drivin her till they go completly cuze right now im not noticing a significant drop in oil

plus im not driving more than like 100 miles a month so it'll be ok for now but not really sure what winters gonna throw at me b/c i think the cold weather always makes stuff worse on my truck

Edited by unccpathfinder

yea i live like a quarter mile from school so with gas and the $250 parking pass and lack of parking near the new engineering building (bout a mile from the house) i just bought a 100 bike and ride it out there so pretty much i only drive for beer runs and wheeling which the trail i ride in town i can almost throw a rock from my backyard and hit it...

any1 ever heard or restore? a buddy of mine throws it in his van and siad it stops it and he does it about every 3 months...im not a big fan of throwin stuff in the motor cuze sometimes that makes it worse than what u had...i think i should just let it till its burnin all the itme or a majority of the time and not just a puff here and there (dont wanna be too big of a pollutor)

just gotta decide now if i wanna sell my trailduster (or even better put the pathy body on there if i cut down the frame) buy a mazda 3 or something cheap with good gas milage...make the pathy the rig then decide if i wanna mess with putting the 350 im in the process of rebuilding in her or in the scout as originally planned...

but getting rid of the pathy is not an option im keepin her forever