need to replace my stock shocks in my 96 se

96pathse

in my 87 i put the rancho RS5000 and it was good up front but the back is way too stiff since its so light...i would say the rancho's are alright up front but i'd go with a much softer shock in the rear maybe something like a billstine but not sure how those ride on 4x4's but know they were sweet on my buddy's trans-am

I just went to the local Autozone and got some Monroe's for the front and some Gabriel's (all they had in stock). They are nice. I have a 97 Pathy 4x4. Dont go offroading much at all. I did also replace the coils with some OMEs though. Make sure your coils are still good. Check one of these posts for the ride height. Mine was way low and I didn't even know it.

Jason

I just went to the local Autozone and got some Monroe's for the front and some Gabriel's (all they had in stock). They are nice. I have a 97 Pathy 4x4. Dont go offroading much at all. I did also replace the coils with some OMEs though. Make sure your coils are still good. Check one of these posts for the ride height. Mine was way low and I didn't even know it.

Jason

merlinx,

how are the gabriels and monroes holding up from autozone.. looks like my local autozone carrys them and are the cheapest option ..i dont do any offroading..

how many miles did ur pathy have when u replaced them.. is the ride FIRMER than stock ? did the side to side swaying in turns stop ?

can u give me the gabriel and monroe part #'s or models u got ?

thanks...

merlinx,

how are the gabriels and monroes holding up from autozone.. looks like my local autozone carrys them and are the cheapest option ..i dont do any offroading..

how many miles did ur pathy have when u replaced them.. is the ride FIRMER than stock ? did the side to side swaying in turns stop ?

can u give me the gabriel and monroe part #'s or models u got ?

thanks...

I don't have the part numbers anymore but I just called pepboys and they gave them to me. The Gabriel's same think but at Auto zone. They are really fine. I don't do much off roading either. The truck had about 120000 miles on it. I figured it was due. The shocks didn't make much of a difference but then I got back from a cross country trip with the family and realized my truck was running real low with the weight. It also bottomed out in the rear from speed bumps (with no extra weight). I replaced the coils with OMEs and that made a huge difference.

I personally don't see a big advantage on different brands of shocks, all they do is stabilize the bouncing. Just a cylinder filed with oil and some valves. If anyone could enlighten me that would be great.

But its been like 5000 miles and I see no problem with the shocks or coils. They are also guaranteed for life so thats always a plus.

good luck

Jason