Still Can't Find The Rattle...

SteeevO

So i have had this rattle going on for atleast 6 months now. it sounds like a piece of tin rattling.. and it ony rattles when taking off in first gear or being in too high of a gear....sounds like it's comming from somewhere under the hood....any sugestions??

thnx

that'd be my guess. There are heat shields covering the exhaust manifolds and the points where they are screwed down are prone to cracking and coming loose. "when it's cool", reach in there and see if it you can wiggle the shields at any of the attachment points.

Yep, I'd guess heatshield(s) but there is a small possibility that your exhaust is contacting somewhere; check around the cat and the heatshield there. Cant hurt to see if anything under the hood is loose either.

B

When you get the headers, yes, you can do with out the stock heat shields, but watch what they run near. If there is anything important you may want to reroute it or add heat shield material, body included...

B

so i just got done taking the heat shields off....sounds like that was it since it was practically falling appart in my hands as i was taking them off.... then drove it... and only one more minor rattle is there.. prolly another shield farther down the line... but the rattle is gone like 98% so that is def. a good thing..

thnx for the help

Edited by SteeevO