So Many UCA's, So Little Time.

Dowser

Ok sports fans. Its Down to the Wire and only one company is gonna come out this months winner.

In this Corner, wearing the Signature Blue powder coat paint job, Meaty Right Angle Steel design, and Rubberized stoppers, Lets give it up for .... CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL-MINI!!!!! :clap: :bow:

And in this Corner, Wearing nothing but his Rugged Stainless Steel, Slender Tubular design, and add on rubber bumper stops, So amazing at lifting that they call him super, Lets hear it for... SUPERRRRRRRRRRRRRR-LIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!! :clap: :bow:

But seriously. This is a question for all you experienced lifters out there. I've been reading all I can find on both products, and the differences in their designs is very significant. Calmini's Upper Control Arms are Meaty Bold looking and seem like they can take a serious beating. On the other hand I've heard that Superlifts Tubular Design makes it All the more strong and from what I can tell in the photo's, they look like they weigh a few pounds less. My question of course is pound for pound, beating for beating, Who would you put your money on. Try not to be Biased in this guys and gals. Looking for some honest reasons when considering my next purchase. They both look good to me. So lets hear your Pro's and Con's and any other thoughts on the matter.

Dowser.

Yah the general consensous is that they are both great products with the calmini having a slight edge. However the superlifts are cheaper, and if you buy the Rough Country a arms (which are just rebranded superlifts) they are waaay cheaper. My advice is go with the rough countrys and save some money for gas.

I just installed Superlift's via Rough Country. They're some tough looking units, and much nicer that the stamped steel mess from the factory. The ball joint mounting area is particularly thick. I've also seen the Calminis installed, and man, those things are ridiculously built from appearances alone. I'd bet you couldn't bend or break them no matter how you tried, what your ran over/into, period. Then again, I bet you'd have a nearly impossible mission to kill the Superlifts either, and at probably less than half the price of the Calminis when bought through Rough Country, I don't think its a contest. You can save that money for other toys.

I'd put the Calmini setup on top of the Superlift UCA's any day. The Superlift arms aren't weak, though. They're made with .120 wall tubing and 3/8" steel plate. Big welds, thick steel and proven design with a good price. The Calmini setup is damn near indestructible, you'll bend the spindle and toast the steering long before the UCA's have even the slightest problem. I actually have bent a spindle with the Superlift arms already and they still work great, though my bushings need to be replaced now... :(

I'd put the Calmini setup on top of the Superlift UCA's any day. The Superlift arms aren't weak, though. They're made with .120 wall tubing and 3/8" steel plate. Big welds, thick steel and proven design with a good price. The Calmini setup is damn near indestructible, you'll bend the spindle and toast the steering long before the UCA's have even the slightest problem. I actually have bent a spindle with the Superlift arms already and they still work great, though my bushings need to be replaced now... :(

I said "nearly impossible" and that would be by most people. You're definately not like most people man. :D Good job of destruction, by the way!

I dont know about superlifts but im in love with my Calminis, they even got the zirk fittings stock on the arms now. Plus they are super cool blue, enough for someone to notice and say, hey nice blue things under your truck. INDEED!