Crack or leak in the exhaust

CanadianPathyNut

I noticed a puttering sound a few weeks ago coming from under the truck, today I took it to school and my auto tech teacher said I definately had an exhaust leak, he said it is propable cracked somewhere near the cat. Is this covered under warranty, btw i have a 2002 pathfinder LE. or should I jsut go to a muffler shop and install all new pipes and new exhaust and ofcourse remove the resonator. I have been searching this forum for hours, and i did come accross something in regards to it being under warranty for at least 100k I am at about 95000KMs. so if anyone knows what I should do, please let me know. also let me know if you think I should jsut get all new stuff and let a muffler shop fix it

thank you

If it's leaking by the cat, it probably won't be covered under the 100k warranty. If you still have factory warranty however it might be covered under it. The 100k warranty is for the manifold leak at the head (broken studs) I beleive.

Denis

On the VG-series motors, the exhaust manifold warranty was extended to 100,000 miles. (That would be 160,000 km.) Not sure if a similar warranty exists on the VQ. Take it to the dealer and ask about extended coverage for manifolds. If it's covered, then have the work done under warranty. If it's not covered, then you can decide what course of action to take.