My Odometer packed up on me

lakeone

I was on the turnpike and my Speedometer suddenly jumped back to 0, which then triggered the check engine light. it doesn't register more miles

my car is a Nissan Pathfinder 1995 SE with 177000mile before the incident .

I will like extre comment and advice too e.g cost of fixing

Edited by lakeone

Um wow, I'v never heard of an odometer doing that before. My suggestion is sell it, your resale value just shot through the roof (1995 Pathfinder with no miles on it)! :laugh:

Seriously though I would think that would be covered by the factory, odometers are NOT supposed to do that.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cash_n

my 88 broke the same way the day after i bought it. i have 244000 miles on it and don't have a clue how fast i am going. didn't have time to see the tach before it happened. figure i would wait til it cools here in phoenix till i mess with it in the driveway.

I'm pretty sure the last of the WD21 models have an electric speedo. 93(4?)-95s. When I pulled my tranny, I just remember electrical connectors, no cables. I could have forgotten 1 but I don't think so. Sounds like the issue is in the instrument cluster... Maybe motor worn out or gear broken ?? I'll see if I can find a good schematic of it.

B

Well on mine any how, there's just the cable attached to the dash. When you pull your cluster, it just pops out. Taking it took takes maybe 5 min if you have never done it before, but it's cake. Pull it and take a gander.