Sagging frontend

GM991

Hi all

New here

Was hoping to get some info.

I have a 91 pathy all stock with the factory 30 inch tires and It has the factory sport/touring switch on the console.

I was wonder when I go to replace the shocks if I should spend the money to replace them with factory ones to keep this function or just go get a set of good Regular racho shocks and forget about it. Does these factory shocks make that much of a difference in the ride on the road???

This shock thing all came about because it seems that my front end is lower than the back. Will gettting new shocks leval the truck out??? Or is there someway to lift the front up back to were it belongs. Are the torsion bars adjustable????? Would this solve the problem.

This seems like a cammon problem on these older trucks when I see them on the road.

thanks

GM991

factory setup has the front sitting a little lower than the back to start off.

I can tell a difference between 'sport' and 'comfort' when I'm driving but can easily get used to either way. The sport setting is to stiffen your ride for better handling offroad but I did not have any difficulty staying with the 'comfort' setting while running offroad in New Mexico. When mine fail to adjust, I'll probably just throw on some Ranchos and leave it at that. As for the T-bars, yea... you can crank them up a bit. Use your search feature here. there are lots of posts on doing this.

good luck

my local dealership has non adjustable OEM shocks for 52.22 (69.63 MSRP) and adjustable ones for 78.34 (104.45 MSRP). I think the Rancho 5000 series runs about 50. 90 for the 9000 series.

Hehe try again. The rancho 9000's are the high end shocks and expect to pay about 85-90 per shock for those bad boys, trust me I know. You can fit yourself into a nice set of 5000's or pro comps for half what a set of 9000's would run, and be just as happy. I never really adjusted my 9k's too much unless I remembered, but now that the manual locker hubs are on the way, I might think of it when I go to lock em. Search around the net for shocks, I think I have the sizes you'll need, at least for rancho's any how, around here somewhere. BRB

Ok found it.

RS 9252 front

RS 9118 rear

Ok just a run down. These are the 9000 part numbers. You want 5k's just drop the 9 and insert a 5 in it's place. 5252 & 5118, get it? If you are goin to lift your rig at any point, you should get longer ones in the rear. I am runnin 9116, and I think 88's runnin 9114's These are just a bit longet than the stock ones, and allow for extra travel when flexin tough on the trail. If you're not goin there, don't worry about it. I really would waste time or money on stock replacements, I just cut the harnesses out for the shocks and tossed the old buggers. I think only one had any oil left in it any how. Hope this helps, enjoy.

M.M.

I got the Pro Comp ES3000 shocks and ES2000 steering stabilizer for $120 from 4wheelparts. I'm happy with them; they are better then OEM I think. The rear are a little stiff, but I also think I'm topped out from install the JGC springs. I'll probably make an adapter... :shrug:

B

I'm using 5252's in front and 9114's in the rear on mine. The 9114's are approximately 3" longer than stock, with 11.5 inches of travel, as opposed to the stock 9118's 8.25 inches... I also have a different gas-charged set for the rear that have another 1.5" more travel in the garage. :)

I got the Pro Comp ES3000 shocks and ES2000 steering stabilizer for $120 from 4wheelparts. I'm happy with them; they are better then OEM I think. The rear are a little stiff, but I also think I'm topped out from install the JGC springs. I'll probably make an adapter... :shrug:

B

i got the sme deal from them, but i got em made a bit longer so they ride real nice, i like em alot. ALSO, shocks arent really gonna make you sag to much, probably just your t-bars needing to be cranked up abit, very common and easy to do.