Tire Choice

Guest DubloPath

Guest DubloPath

Hello everyone :D (this is my first post)

I am looking at getting a set of AT tires and possibly some Off-Road wheels for my 02 Path (LE). I was looking at a set of Dunlop 265/70 RR17 Radial Rover RVXT's. The over-all size comes out to 31.8". With no lift does anyone have experience with rubbing issues/towing? I am looking at towing 2300lb car on a trailer. If this will be an issue I can always get some off-road rims and leave the stockers for towing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Edited by DubloPath

Hi there, welcome to the board...

To be honest, I dont know off hand what sizes fit stock - but there are others here to give you some insight. There are also plenty of threads like this one about upgrading to new tires, so give search a whirl.

I have Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos R275/70R16, which are 31.2" high (according to the chart) on my pathy with a 2" lift. We had to trim the plastic on the inside of the fender to fit without rubbing - so you're defintely going to have issues with a tire that big on a stock truck.

Like I said - have a looksie through some of the older threads - I am sure there is plenty of info to be found :)

Guest DubloPath

Thanks for the help guys.. I couldnt find that tire in any other size for a 17 inch rim. I suppose that I could go with a 16inch rim if I was to buy an off-road set. Anyone have any linx to a place where some inexpensive offroad wheels can be found?

Thanks again