What could be the problem?

findmypath

Hey everyone,

I have a 03 LE and recently I noticed a little vibration when the car is at idle. This isn't really significant where it shakes the car but u can feel it. It has about 26000 miles and I pour fuel injector cleaner every 3000 miles. Before during idle I couldn't tell the engine is running. Any thoughts??? Is there anything I can do to smooth out the idle?????

Thanks

I had a couple of quirky idle problems (not necessarily rough but fast and stumbling some times but most of the time it behaved normally). So I cleaned my MAF sensor following 88's Instructions. Fixed my quirky idle problems so far as I can tell, plus my normal idle and driving at low RPM's feels significantly smoother. But I did have a bit of dried muddy water up there around the sensor :blink: so maybe it wouldn't be as significant a change for others. Also don't know if your sensor is at all similar.

But I did have a bit of dried muddy water up there around the sensor :blink: so maybe it wouldn't be as significant a change for others.

Well, I cleaned mine on my 95, and it looked clean. But, when I put the Qtip in there with the alcohol on it, it came out black. So it may not look dirty to the naked eye, but it can be. Though, I think on an 03, it's less likely.

I'd try a new tank of gas first before panicking.

Also, what type of injector cleaner do you use? I've heard that some can actually do some damage to the injectors because the detergent is too harsh. Every 3000 miles seems a little often to put in injector cleaner.

Just throwing something out there.

Take a look at your throttle body's butterfly. If it's black and gunkie this may be the problem. Use some carb spray and tooth brush to clean the carbon and junk out of there while trying to not let a lot of it go into the intake.

JMTC

M