'02 tires

Matthew

This has more than likely been posted before, but I don't know if it was about the '02. Anyway, my stock tire is a Bridgestone Dueler H/T and it is approx. 29.3" in diameter (255/60-16), and I was wondering what is the absolute largest tire that I could fit in without any problems with rubbing or anything like that. :aok:

I moved your topic to the appropriate forum. If you look down the page you will see several similiar ones... ;)

Edited by Precise1

Not sure if you got your answer but I run Hankook RF04's in size LT 245/75R16 without any lift and without any problems. Can't quite squeeze my pinky between the tire and the bottom of the front spring carrier. Can post a picture if you want.

Edited by Trainman

A picture would be excellent.  :D

Glad to help. :rolleyes:

TireClearence1.jpg

This is a new tire (as a result of a sidewall cut) so this is the closest it will get. Sorry, could not get my pinky in there and take the picture at the same time! :lol:

I have run these tires for about 15,000 km in snow, ice and gravel without any problems, no rubbing. But this size tire will not fit under where the spare is, at least not with my hitch :sniff: , this is the only downside.

I prefer the 265/70/16, which is what I have on mine. They are all around 30.6" in diameter, opposed to a 245/70-16 which is 30.5" in diameter. Those measurements are for the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos by the way. A 245 is made for our 7" rims, while the 265 is made for an 8" rim, but no biggie.

The tires on mine, as you can see in my signature, are 265/70-16 National XT Commandos, which are better than you may think and are made by Yokohama.

What tires are you planning on buying?