Socket attatchments for electric drills?

Harbinger

So while installing new shocks/struts on my VW, I came upon a need for a air gun. I'm still in need for this as a matter of fact, as I don't have the $$$ to buy a compressor and new tools. Not yet anyways

So this idea hit me, is there anyway to attatch a socket to an electric drill? Seems to me if there is it would be a great alternative to pestering the local shops for the use of their compressor.

Oh yes my friend... The one end will be a hex stem about 1/4" wide and 1" long that will clamp nicely in the drill 3 jaw chuck. The other end will be the square needed for the socket. Many variations are available as well as socket drive sizes. Good ones will have the spring loaded ball to hold the socket on. Very handy item to have. Should cost about $5 and can be found at any decent hard ware store or even some automotive supply stores.

B

Thanks B! :beer:

I figured there was something like that, but I figured I'd ask before I went into Harbor Frieght and made myself look like a moron. Maybe I'll run by Harbor Frieght or ACE tonight.

Sort of off topic, but sort of on.....

You can buy (relatively cheap) electric impact guns as well, which will serve you well if a compressor is beyond your means at the moment. I had one for a while before I got my compressor and air tools. I gave it to a friend of mine, and he still uses it. Just a thought.