What I've been up to lately...

wheelmanLS1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killvox:

The diamond-plate rubber is awesome! I'll be looking into that! As well as the grill. I had a quick question about the gauges too; Did those come off Ebay, and can you change it so they glow blue? And I was also wondering if you could get another grill shot from further back so I can see how well it blends into the rest of the truck. Good upgrades! Thanks for the ideas!

The diamond-plate rubber is awesome! I'll be looking into that! As well as the grill. I had a quick question about the gauges too; Did those come off Ebay, and can you change it so they glow blue? And I was also wondering if you could get another grill shot from further back so I can see how well it blends into the rest of the truck. Good upgrades! Thanks for the ideas!

Thanks for the props -bounce- Yeh, the gauges did come off Ebay. And there is a switch that you can change the color to green or blue. Really easy to install. I just saw a couple sets on there yesterday. I will take a shot of the grill from farther back on my coffee break. BTW, I also lined the two coin trays on the center console with the diamond plateing. Looks sweet. Thanks guys.

You glue the little buggers in there or what? How'd you get the meshing to stay put.. and where'd you get it or whats it called? Think a home hardware would carry it? Am i asking too many questions? are you really sure? Should i stop now? lol

thanks.

You can buy the mesh at Home depot. They sell it as Gutter covers, to keep leaves out. As far as holding it in there i used pieces of a hanger i cut to size andput them between the tranny cooler and the mesh pushing the mesh towards the front grill. I will take pics if any body wants to see what the hanger pieces look like. If you guys look closely at the bumper i also put the mesh around the fogs and signal lights. :cool2:

post-1-1124372738.jpg

sweet thanks. I should have said a little more clearly though, my bad... How are you keeping the mesh in on the three "hood scoops" lol ? the little vent things. Im sure you know what I mean.

They are held in by some thin wire that cant even be seen. Just loop it around the mesh and then thread it through the slots in the vents and bend it over. It holds really well. Also the mesh has a galvinized look to it so i sprayed it with some metallic crome paint. looks like the real deal. Good luck. :beer:

thanks. i just installed mine today. they only had that crappy plastic mesh stuff for gutters at the home depot here, so i got that and a can of silver spray paint. Thanks for the tips on the wire... it took a while but i found someone that works pretty good... twist ties :D. invisible almost, and they hold it pretty good. The paint isn't holding to the plastic so well so im hoping it wont wash off next time i clean the truck up, but we'll see.

If i had a camera i'd take a picture... the mesh doesn't seem as fine as yours, but I think it still looks plenty good.

OK I did a new mod, and got some better pics of old ones.

"New" PIAA 80Pro XTs -bounce-

8808001.jpg

Better pic showing my 2 seater convertion

8808006.jpg

Rock lights (welded to the frame since they ground at the base)

8808004.jpg

My cutting board skids

8808005.jpg

"Bottom" added to tire carrier

8808011.jpg

Next project is to build a bullbar for the front P...

Edited by GrimGreg

Yeah, I'd bet the 2-doors are better off without a back seat. I know that I almost took out my back seat in my Prelude to have an excuse not to take people home after school... I HATED how long it took for them to tilt the seat forward and slowly crawl out.

here is my latest. finally mounted my cb radio. before it was just stuck between the console and the seat. my HVAC system is pretty well worthless, and my brother had broken out the trim around the vents and jacked it all up anyways. got to cutting all the vents out back there, made me a mounting place out of alum...does real nice if i do say so myself. also you can see my wal mart cup holder and a little bit of my seat covers. these are those "x-bound" covers from wally world. their made out of heavy duty canvas and look great. iv had alot of people ask me if i got aftermarket seats.

cb001r.jpg

• 1 month later...

I tinted my taillights last Wednesday. I used a product called VHT Nightshades. It is illegal to buy in North Carolina so I got it off Ebay. This stuff runs so easily... I had to put 5 coats on to hide everything. I am going to redo them some other time so they aren't so dark. 2 coats is about what I should have.

hjk7oh.jpg

hjk11ln.jpg

hjk29vl.jpg

hjk33kr.jpg

hjk47uq.jpg