WHO should I turn to?

Hey Everyone,

I bought a used 03 LE last Sept. and I absolutely love the car, however I would like to find out all of the options and the std. equipment that is on the car. Basically all of the info that was on the window sticker.

I contacted Nissan and they were dumbfound as to what I was asking and they couldn't think how to get such info. I'm going to try again bc my feeling that the REPRESENTATIVE that took my call was clueless.

In the meantime, do any of you know where I can go to get such info about my car. What is on it based on the VIN.?????

Thanks,

03 LE

the LE came in 2 versions in '03, a 2WD and a 4WD.

standard features for the 4WD model are:

Bucket Seats Center Console

Fog Lights Garage Door Opener

Heated Front Seats Power Heated Mirrors

Keyless Entry System Lighted Entry System

Overhead Console Power Brakes

Power Moonroof Rear Window Defroster

Wood Interior Trim 17 Inch Wheels

Power Driver Seat w/Memory Locking Differential (Center)

3.5L V6 DOHC 24V FI Engine 4-Speed Automatic Transmission

Automatic Locking Hubs Clock

Tachometer Alloy Wheels

4-Wheel ABS Driver and Passenger Front Airbags

Front Head Airbags Front Side Airbags

Anti-Theft Alarm System Leather Seats

Power Front Passenger Seat Rear Bench Seat

Rear Split Bench Seat Audio Steering Wheel Controls

Cruise Control Power Steering

Tilt Steering Wheel Leather Shift Knob Trim

Leather Steering Wheel Trim Air Conditioning

Automatic Climate Control Intermittent Windshield Wipers

Power Windows Privacy Glass

Rear Window Wiper Power Door Locks

Automatic On/Off Headlights Roof Rack

AM/FM/CD Changer Audio System Bose Audio

Skid Plates Running Boards

Exterior dimensions

Length: 182.7 in. Width: 71.7 in.

Height: 68.1 in. Wheel Base: 106.3 in.

Ground Clearance: 8.3 in. Curb Weight: 4299 lbs.

Interior dimensions

Front Head Room: 38 in. Front Hip Room: 54.1 in.

Front Shoulder Room: 56.6 in. Rear Head Room: 37 in.

Rear Shoulder Room: 56.4 in. Rear Hip Room: 51.5 in.

Front Leg Room: 41.7 in. Rear Leg Room: 31.8 in.

Luggage Capacity: 38 cu. ft. Maximum Cargo Capacity: 85 cu. ft.

Maximum Seating: 5

Performance

Acceleration (0-60 mph): 8.8 sec. Braking Distance (60-0 mph): 129 ft.

Base Number of Cylinders: 6 Base Engine Size: 3.5 liters

Base Engine Type: V6 Horsepower: 240 hp

Max Horsepower: 6000 rpm Torque: 265 ft-lbs.

Max Torque: 3200 rpm Maximum Towing Capacity: 5000 lbs.

Drive Type: 4WD Turning Circle: 37.4 ft.

Fuel Tank Capacity: 21.1 gal.

EPA Mileage Estimates: (City/Highway)

Automatic: : 15 mpg / 18 mpg

Range in Miles: (City/Highway)

Automatic: 316.5 mi. / 379.8 mi.

LOL k9sar... One problem with calling the factory is that it is not unusual for the stealerships to install options themselves. Sometimes its jsut things like window tint and pin striping, but I have seen them go much farther than that... :shrug:

B

hehehe... when I bought mine, they listed the dealer add-ons as if it were an XE. When I looked at the sticker closely, they were adding on 900 for the luggage rack, 200 for the spoiler, etc. All came standard with the SE. Of course, I made a big stink right in the middle of the crowded showroom and they gave me everything I asked for just to get me to stop calling them cheats and liars in front of all their customers.

Good one !! :P Yeah, the whole dealership car sales is such a racket !! I worked at one when I was younger, but didn't last long. I just wasn't enthusiastic enough about cheating, pushing and ripping people off... Some of the things I had seen though :wacko: One of my favorites was the salesman who has so many DUI's that he had no license for 2 years or so. Imagine a car salesman who cant drive !!!

I still have my car salesman ID. Every once in a while I'll accompany a friend to a dealership and when the sharks start circling I dont say anything, just flash the ID. Immediately their attitudes do a 180 and they basically just swim off... LMAO

B

Thanks for the reply but what I'm looking for is my vehicle specific options from my car. Like a window sticker. Primarly I'm looking into finding out major this like:

1) Does my LE have VDC?

2) Does it have the tire pressure monitoring?

These are only some of the things I'm looking to find out. I work for a BMW dealership doing finance and BMW has a system that by going to a BMW specific web site, one can input the VIN of the car and whallaaa, the printout of the window sticker is right there and can be printed out. I'm not sure if Nissan has something like that but thats what I'm looking into finding.

If any of you know how to tell if my car has pt. 1 and pt.2 please help a brother out.

Thanks

the factory options available were:

DVD Entertainment System

Satellite Radio System

Stability Control

Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Traction Control

Trailer Hitch

VCR Entertainment System

Sorry, :shrug: but I would have no way of knowing what options were installed and who the hell knows what the dealership tacked on.

If it WAS in the VIN, it should be in the 4th thru the 8th digits. That's where its features/attributes, such as body style, engine type, model, series, etc. are indicated though the use of this varies widely among car makes, models and equipment.

I'd try Nissan again, either a different dealer or a parts/service guy

If you get a wild hair, there should be a build sheet somewhere in the vehicle...usually between the roof and the headliner, or under the carpet somewhere. That will tell you all the FACTORY installed options.

You might try to contact the previous owner to see if they still have the window sticker.

K9SAR

Way to go give'em hell!!! I hate seeing stupid stuff like destination charges and stealer fees...if that truck--wasn't on that lot--looking like that--then--you wouldn't have bought it, so it is no more that Martins/Giant cleaning their produce before they sell it...hell with those charges

and $100 for floor mats (I love that one). Pinstripes, paint protector, etc. I typically say "I don't want that" If you want me to buy the car, take it off/out. I can get floormats at K-mart for 20 bucks, paint protector is a joke, I can do my own stripes, etc. If they're interested in making the sale, they'll usually take the charges off but leave the stuff.Then, when they agree to whatever, I always throw in the last minute "and I want a factory service manual and touch-up paint). They are so close to the sale that they typically do that too.