Broken motor mount

Earth1

I wheeled the crap out of my tuck yesterday. After crossing a creek and a short rock section, I broke a motor mount. I finished the last 3 hours of pretty rough trail with a ratchet strap around the mount and frame and it got me out with no problems. I also broke at least one other manifold stud.

So... any advise on finding/replacing the mount? I thought I would try to lift the engine a little with a floor jack.

Yeah, thats pretty much the ticket... Jack up that side of the truck also and remove the wheel... It's a straight shot in like that. Motor mounts shouldn't be expensive so a stealership would probably be ok, but you can prob find them cheaper on line. Try here

http://www.maximumautoparts.com/NI_cat.html

and here, I've had good luck with them...

http://www.nissanmart.com/

I looked it up at the last link out of curiosity and Holy Crap, they want $110 for a '95 engine mount ! Thats where I found the cheapest OEM clutch parts... Better look around, but I think it's gonna cost you. $110, thats outrageous... GL Bud

B

or you could go to like advance auto parts and get them cheap. i used to break 3-4 motor mounts a month in my taurus. the process was real easy. i think i jacked up the oil pan, then loosened front and rear mounts and jacked the engine up, then replaced the broken one. im not sure if its the same on a Pathfinder though.

Hey there. I replaced my MM's not to long ago. I got my MM's for about 60-70 bucks from a place around here called "Discount Import Parts" (DIP). It works fine. I bought 2 when I only needed one. If the MM for an 89 is the same as a 92 (I think it is.... Aaron correct me if Im wrong cuz I prolly am) and you can't really find one for an alright price PM me and maybe we can make a deal.

ANYWAYS...

All you do is loosen the nuts and bolts, put a jack under the oil pan (with like a wood block or something), jack it up (NOT TOO FAR), pull the mounts out, put new ones in, attach, lower, tighten, and drive away. Now it SEEMS easy but it took me a while cuz of my ape hands!

heres a link to when I did it.

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...t=0entry19864

if you need a write up I could easily do it! I'm sure you won't though.

Rami

RockAuto has them for $73.79 Not sure of shipping costs

or

Parts America aka Schucks/Advance/Checker Auto Parts has them online for $93.99... buy and pick up locally (if available near you) or print the page and take it in for a price match.

Not sure if Parts America or the affiliated stores will price match online sellers or not :shrug:

Thanks for the parts links guys. Couldn't see the pics Rami, probably a Macintosh thing (happens alot) I saw that link b4 I posted this, and was like... "man I wish I could see those photos".

Still rollin with a strap for a mount, it'll have to do until next weekend.

This is that post with working pics...

"Well Ill show you what my motor mount looked like...

New one...

new.jpg

Old one (notice the stud)...

10-15-05replacedmotormountdriverssi.jpg

Side by side next to my dirty fan...

sidebyside.jpg

Its been broken since I bought my pathy back in April im pretty sure. Something used to hit the bottom of my feet when ever I gave it a good amount of gas. Turns out it was the exshaust pipe (connected to engine GO FIGURE) was hitting the floor and thats why I kept gettin exshaust leaks.

You were right Bernard! The motor mounts were pretty easy to get to ESPECIALLY when I took of the tire.

Picture033.jpg

Since I spent so much time trying to figure out how to replace the darn thing I pretty much bolted it up and un-bolted it every which way. I found that it was easier to take out the bolts that connect to the engine first (black arrows)...

Picture037.jpg

than take the weight of the engine off of them with the ol' jack. With enough pumps you shuold be able to take out the last two bolts out (yellow arrows) and ease the whole mount and the little bracket out toward the front of your pathy.

Picture040.jpg

The blue arrow is where the stud bolts in to the bracket. You can either bolt it to the bracket while you have the whole thing in you hands OR you can leave it a little loose so that you can have some play while your trying to put the upper bolts back on. Then you will need an open ended wrench and some pretty amazing arm possisions"

Hopefully that helps a LITTLE. If not let me know!

Rami