I NEED HELP FAST

Guys i have a serious problem... i put my 31s on and my coils and dead and i need to help it or lift it ASAP! I need to tow a trailer like next week for work and if i put any weight on the truck it sags and will hit the fender! Should i get the AC 2"lift from 4x4parts.com or should i get the EMU OMEs. Will those OMEs heavyduty lift the rear at all and help me out with my situation i know i can look back at threads but i just dont have the time and my question jyst doesnt get anwsered. Your my last hope.

I cant really help you re: your choice, but when we ordered my lift in April it took less than a week to get here (Toronto)...

good luck...

So, let me understand this. BEFORE you put the 31's, you were fine? Or did the bigger tires just make the sagging coils more apparent/evident?

Well, if you need a quick fix you can always try and get some Airbag lift coils. You can just put them in the coils that way it'll at least get you by with the towing.

What about putting the old wheels and tires back on?

You might be able to get AC to send the lift overnight. Then you would have to get it in for an alignment right away before you use it much.

I'm happy with my AC coils, and they came within a week of ordering.

nothing will help my current springs air bag lift has popped threee times and rubber supports arent cuttin it. do u guys recomend the OME? suspension they talk about it alot on 4x4parts.com. My suspension was the same with the pther tires but they were so small that u didnt have to wry about the tire hitting the fender. i got another truck to pull my steam cleaner so iam set i just need to get this fixed.. Should i get the lift and where do u get it? or should i get the OME shocks and coil things..the EMU old man

Either coil choice will resolve your tire/wheelwell clearance issue, and either coil will work well towing.

Getting them in your hands and installed may not fit your timeline.

If you want to lift the truck 2-3 inches go with AC, but understand there may be some compromises concerning topping out and the road-suspension you've been accustomed to. There is plenty of info and opinions on AC and NPORA boards - just use the search tools.

Old Man Emu will lift the truck 1-2 inches and poses no complications to any aspect of the suspension.

I think the only way you can resolve your coil issue immediately, as in less than a week, is to call the dealer and have new Nissan factory coils installed.

This will allow you to fit 31s, be able to tow in 72 hours, and restore the rear suspension to day 1 specs. Which isn't bad at all - most of us picked up our trucks used and never actually experienced brand new coils. The only issue with them is they fatigue over time - but new Nissan coils will set you up for a good 3 - 5 years, and unless you are set on "building" the truck that would be the quickest and easiest solution.

All the coils are priced pretty closely to each other, so $$ isn't a concern.

If you can wait a bit for shipping and install, my personal recomendation is the Emu's, simply because they integrate seamlessly with the rest of the suspension, and I've been very happy with the handling charactersitics both on and off road. But you'll be limited to 31s - if you have visions of running 32-33s you need to go with the AC 2 inch coils.

There are a few vendors these days for Emu coils, but often they sell them but don't stock them - so you'll have to wait for the next shipment from ARB in Australia to hit the US shores. I got mine from Rocky Road in Utah (see my website for links) but now AC carries them too, and possibly more vendors? Try those guys first.

Also - if you're doing front coils as well, you should consider new struts, strut mounts, and strut bearings, assuming what you have is original. They have to pull the struts to install the coils anyway.

Regardless of which brands you choose, new struts and coils will blow you away - it's like a brand new truck!

i got another truck to pull my steam cleaner so iam set i just need to get this fixed..

I was going to recommend renting something for towing this weekend, I dont think you want to rush into this decision... read up on all your options, and make a decision from there... B)

just an idea... if you wanted you could either put on AC coils or OEM coils just in the rear, even with little mechanic experince you could do it in under 2 hours, really you'll only need a spring compressor, a jack and a few jack stands, and a typical socket set.