Squeaky Calmini UCA's.

Earth1

Update, yeah... 4 years they are finally squeaking like mad.

Time for some more "energy supension formula 5" and drive it for another 3-4 years.

That's not too bad, but how many miles is that 4 years?

Did you not add zerks the first time?

B

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not too bad, but how many miles is that 4 years?

Did you not add zerks the first time?

B

I did not, and I did not this time either. I probably put around 50k on them? Just a guess... I live in a new area now, lots more driving so we'll see how they hold up.

Truck is at 260k now. I have bigger plans so as long as they last a few more lube cycles until then I am fine.

the rear bushing on both sides showed very minor wear and some dirt intrusion. The fronts had zero wear and no dirt. I rotated the bushings to balance the wear.

way back in the day it smelled terrible, maybe they changed it since than?? Don't know.

Maybe it wasn't formula 5 back then? (formula 4? lol) I had this jar for 4 years so its not that old.

Yeah, I used some of that goop as well. 1 tiny tube covered about 20% of my garage. I still find some on random tools...

I did not, and I did not this time either. I probably put around 50k on them? Just a guess... I live in a new area now, lots more driving so we'll see how they hold up.
Truck is at 260k now. I have bigger plans so as long as they last a few more lube cycles until then I am fine.
the rear bushing on both sides showed very minor wear and some dirt intrusion. The fronts had zero wear and no dirt. I rotated the bushings to balance the wear.

Maybe it wasn't formula 5 back then? (formula 4? lol) I had this jar for 4 years so its not that old.

I was curious as I have zerks in my Superlift UCAs and cut grease channels/holes in the bushings. Not enough road time for any feedback though...

*snort*

Formula 4... Just like this is almost as good as WD-40...

l.jpg

B

I use WD40 to clean up my Formula 5.

I put formula 5 on all rubber poly and 'metal to non-metal' contact surfaces. Then I blast a rag with wd40 wipe off my tools any anything else I touched or a tool touched.

And that's how I keep this 8oz cup of Formula 5 from sticking to my entire garage lol.

Yeah, I used some of that goop as well. 1 tiny tube covered about 20% of my garage. I still find some on random tools...

B