Does It Worth It Turning My '99 2wd Into A 4wd?

Guest cardzn

Guest cardzn

Hey everyone,

Do you guys think it is a smart idea to turn my '99 2wd Pathy into 4wd?

or shuld I sell it and get FJ 80/Toyota/? Can Pathfinder ever by something like a Land Cruiser of Patrol?

I would respect any opinions on this, thanx

Edited by cardzn

I have a friend who turned a 4x2 fronty into a 4x4, but with the R50 I think you'll be biting off more than it's worth to have to chew... (No offence intended to R50 owners. -argue- )Instead maybe look into spending that $4000-5000 on a early model 4x4 pathy... That's what they're selling for around here for the 93-95models, and 93-95 4runners are more around the $7000-9000 range...

Edited by TrailChaser

I paid $3600 for my 92 nearly 2 yrs ago....and it's a cali Pathy so no rust anywhere, super clean inside..one small door ding and a new smog cert... btw.. 4 door 5 speed

i paid about $17,000 for mine about fourteen years ago.

oh yeah, your's is still new a 99, sale it ang get a 4by, not worth. i'll be doing a converseion on mine though. :D mines a 91 and i love her and wouldn't trade it for a 8x8

I got my 88 for trade. :beer: one of my friends needed some car work done and had no money so I re built a 350 I had in my garage and put it in her 69 caddie herze for her. I think the motor was out of a car my brother re built so the motor was free .so I got the pathy for labor. :aok: sell the 2x4 and get an older 4x4 I see them around my neck of the woods from 1500$too4000$ all the time.

Edited by joeytattoo