Electrical Madness

Duffman

The light that lights up the dash when you have your lights on stopped working about 2 weeks ago, I took the dash guage pod out but I dont wanna mess anything up in there so I put it back in. Everything looked ok, the fuses are ok. I thought lights like this were LEDS and that they would outlive the life of the truck? Is the fix more of a service center kind of thing?

All the lighs are stadard bulbs, they are cheap and easy to replace. All the little round things sticking out of the back of the cluster are the bulb sockets, they just twist out. If I remeber right the main 4 bulbs that light up everything are 194s.

Yep, they're mainly 194's with some smaller ones (can't think of the size), and they just screw in like any normal bulb socket. Don't be afraid, just go for it. On a fun note, I swapped all of mine for blue bulbs that give a bit of a different hue to the cluster. :)

After re-reading your post, do you mean all of the lights stopped at once? If so, you may want to check the fuse for your parking lights if I remember right.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

parking light fuse, check. Ill get out there tomarow after work, its allitle late to be doing garage work now (12:11), and yes, all the bulbs blew at once. I noticed something else really wierd/scary. I was comming home from the movies and I smelled burning plastic in the front by the dash, mabey there is a short somewhere?

BTW, got a new Makita 18v 1/2 cordless today, its awsome. weeee

WTF IS WRONG WITH ME.

first i make a post on a lopsided pathy when its parked lopsided, then i forget to turn the brightness up.

Im loosing my mind over here....sorry....