Pathfinder tire pressure

Guest don_ra2906

Guest don_ra2906

OK, I don't have a Pathy, but my girlfriend does (2000) and I have a question I have yet to see on this forum concerning tires...

What is the proper tire pressure for daily driving on stock tires ? I decided to check her manual and the sticker in the glove box said 26 PSI What ??!! Thoughts of Ford Exploders ran through my head. But that is what is recommended. I have never heard of such a low pressure and when I called the local dealer ship (Austin), they gave me a 30-36 range. What ??!! This is way to much of a range for street use on tires so I ask all you real experts, "What pressure is the real one ?" I really don't want her tread separating and her rolling her baby.

Thanks,

Don

I assume the stock tires are 31's? If so then depending on make, they usually run 32 all teh way up to 50lbs.. like mine say on the side..though I only run 34lbs.

Look on the sidewall of the tire...it will tell you unladen, and loaded tire pressures.

BTW...we have had a million tire discussions lately on here....

Good luck!! WAVEY

Running them at 26 psi is fine, that gives the softest, most comfortable ride and even tire wear. If you run them at higher pressures, you'll have a bit stiffer ride, but you'll also get better gas mileage.

Side note: my bias-ply Swampers have a max inflation pressure of 30 psi. I run them at about 20-22. :)

I'd ignore whatever the doorjam sticker or dealer says, and go by what is recommended on the tire sidewall. There may be a few "stock" tires, depending on the trim level and options selected. After all, they tire manufacturer is who designed the tires in the first place, not Nissan. Within the specified range, the softer you go, the more comfort you get at the expense of mileage, and the harder you go, the better mileage at the expense of a stiffer ride.

like everyone else said, check the sidewall of the tire, the tires Im running right now I run at 45psi, they max at 50 which was what they were at when I got em new from the tireman, my old tires I think I ran at about 34 psi