Installing Speakers on 93'

Guest Shaymer

Guest Shaymer

On my second set of speakers for my 93' XE (first ones were the wrong size).

I want to install them without snapping any of the plastic covers off. Can I just pull them? Are there some screws I'm missing?

The rear overhead speakers look relatively simple, but I felt like I was going to snap something when I started yanking on the front plastic cover. Any advice?

:huh: I also posted this message on the 93 Pathfinder Forum. Not sure where the more appropriate place is.

Not sure if the configuration on the front is the same as on a '91 cause the interior is all they changed really. On mine, you have to take the door panel off to get to the speaker. To do that, pop the screw in the arm rest to remove the handle part, then the three screws (maybe 2?). If you have power windows, just pop the switch console from the back end and disco it. There is a clip around the door handle remove that, unscrew the lock nob, and start pullin her off. The panel will pop out, then have to slide up.

As far as the rear goes, mine just pops off, but I have the pods in the cargo area instead of overhead of the rear seats. Good luck.

M.M.

Ditto and ditto. If I remember right (its been a few years since removal) you still just pull and remove the metal grill on the overhead speakers in mine, a 94 (should be the same as a 95). After the grill, you can access the screws to the speaker. Not sure if that carries over to the older trucks, but its a shot. By the way, a quick tip if you have grills with small circular holes and you're having a tough time removing them, is to take a small screw and gently thread it into a hole in the grill, then gently pull to remove.

i made some bigger holes in the rear on my 93.. was pretty simple, if you pull everything down, you can get to the metal 'bar' that holds them in.. take it down and cut the holes bigger for some 6x9's. all in a days job :beer: