What should be changed at 60k?

WaarrEagle

What should be changed at 60k on an 01 Pathfinder? I know oil/filter and I had the tranny flushed recently but what else. I read the spark plugs are good until 105k. I am going to replace the fuel filter as well. Should the belts be replaced or just checked? I read on CourtesyParts.com that they recommend replacing the belts every 30k and these have never been replaced. I did a 60k tuneup on my Maxima and I replaced the PCV valve just for preventive maintance - is that smart?

I do the fuel filter every 10,000 km (every other service). Lot cheaper than doing major injector work; we also can get some pretty dirty gas around here and with the dust...... :o

How about your air filter? I replaced mine when I bought the truck, it was plugged solid, probably had not been done since new (65,000 km)! :crazy:

If it is hot were you are, you may want to consider your coolant hoses. We had a 96 Mercury Mystique before the Pathy and replaced the hoses (all 10 of them!!!!) after five years. They looked good on the outside, felt fine when you squeezed them but the inside was a sticky mess. :oops: We see temperature extremes from -40 to + 40 C, so it pays for some preventative maintenance. Got better performance and fuel mileage as a bonus. :cool2:

I'm actually over 100 miles from the owners manual of the Pathfinder right now and will not see it until I need to do the work. Plus I need to order parts soon. I will definitely do the air filter as well but what about the belts?

I change oil and oil filter every 3,000 miles... belts every 30,000 or so (but check with every other oil change), tranny fluid every 30,000, plugs every third oil change, wires...I have 131,000 and I just changed them.. they had been changed once b 4...umm.... fuel injectors not too sure about... same on the fuel filter.. though I need to change/clean out both.....

Also.. check all your brakes and all other fluids as well.... :aok: