Hello from B.C.

Guest peeny420

Guest peeny420

Hi all, I just bought a 1994 SE a couple of months ago. Its dark green (almost black) and came with the running boards, tire carrier, roof racks, and factory alarm system. I absolutely adore this truck as I have wanted one for twelve years.

The first thing I had to do to it was plane the drivers side exhaust manifold and replace the studs (I'm sure the passenger side is to come later). I have been having problems with the check engine light coming on intermittently. It seems to come on more when I am on gravel roads then when I am in town. I checked the ECU as per instructions I found on the site and got a code 33 in mode 3. I also checked out mode 1 and got about one blink per second on the green led. The final symptom I have had has been an erratic idle while at stop lights similar to what others in the forum have described, this has happened 2 times. once when I was on my way to get the manifold fixed, and once after having my oil and air filter changed. I was just wondering if anyone had any wisdom for me on where I should start. I've been thinking O2 sensor. any help would be appreciated.

Guest peeny420

I am from Comox which is located on Vancouver Island and I work in aquaculture on the northern tip of the island close to Port Hardy. We have tons of deactivated logging roads here so the wheelin is good. I am a very active hunter and hiker so I expect the Pathy to come in very handy.

I grew up on the Island and worked for one of the logging companies so know about the great roads :aok: . I did quite a bit of work in the Trent River valley in the mid to late 80’s.

I design and supervise road deactivation projects (among other things forestry) so I know what that is all about!

Great area for exploring, have fun.