Hello from Western TX!

Lots of fun, and great options, but right now it is pulling my hair out! Currently it sits dead 10 miles outside of town at a friend's house because it will neither jump start or show any life at all when the key is turned.

Bit of bacground. The dealer I bought it from, enabled a device called "passtime" that disables the starter via satellite if you are late for a payment. Now quite often after purchase, even with a brand new battery, I am suffering problems with the starter not showing life. I have already done some searches here (great info by the way) on some possible suspects, but all seem to lead to involving this aftermarket starter kill. Any way to reset it by unplugging the battery? This is my next option. pssd

J

Welcome to another 2 door! WAVEY

Two door pathy's kick butt! :P

While it is possible that your aftermarket starter kill is affecting the starter it could be that the starter is dead, we had to replace the starter in my 88 a couple of years ago (when it was still my sisters truck). Try whaking the starter with a hammer, this can dislodge some of the buildup that causes the starter to fail, it worked on my pathy. If that works you need to replace the starter right away, that fix is only good for one or two starts.

Already used up my 9 lives that way...banged about a week ago and she fired.

I was looking online (autozone.com) and found a couple different starters listed for my 4WD v6. One part number for a single termainal, and the other for a 2 terminal.

Also should I replace the starter selenoid switch at the same time? Where is that located exactly? :confused:

Hey welcome to the message board. I had no idea that there was such a thing that would kill your car if you're late for a car payment. Wow...anyways, try posting in the Garage section too!

Bit of bacground. The dealer I bought it from, enabled a device called "passtime" that disables the starter via satellite if you are late for a payment.

Holy Big Brother Is watching Batman!

Thats kinda scary.....

• 2 weeks later...