upgrading my tires on my 1997 pathfinder

Jacob824

Hey guys I have a 1997 r50 and my tires are getting bald and i want to upgrade my tires without changing my rims and getting a lift. I was first wanting to put some falkons on it but realized that they don't make them in 265 70 15. Anyways i have been struggling to find tires that check all my boxes. I was interested in the general grabbers but i heard they have bad road noise and ware out quick. I also preferably want a tire that is good in snow, rain and mud. If you guys have any ideas please let me now!

I did a bunch of research the last time mine needed tires. Realized that with how little I drive, the tires would die of dry rot before the tread wore out, so I might as well get something soft and sticky. Ended up with Toyo AT2s. They weren't cheap, but I have no complaints about their performance. Good in snow, good in the dry. We don't get much rain. Haven't had issues in what little mud I've gotten into. No complaints on noise, either. I think I got them in '19 (with '17 date codes). Tread's still good, no sign of dry rot, haven't noticed any decline in performance.

My previous truck had Radar RLT-8s, which were alright for the most part, but started cracking between the tread blocks after a while. I don't remember how old they were at that point, but they still had plenty of tread left.

Thanks slart but i do use my use my r50 as my daily driver. Im also in colege and i cant spend to much on tires. Im mostly looking for a tire that is every purpose. Do you think those Radar RLT-8 are a good all purpose tire?

My brother is running the Grabbers on his WD21 and they feel pretty good. No issues in the snow, and seems to be a pretty good road tire. He doesn't take it off roading much but I'd say its a solid tire. My dad and I are KO and KO2 fanboys so i'm always gonna say those. My factory size was a 235/70/15 and when my parents still owned it put a 235/75/15 BFG KO. That tire size isnt the same anymore now that i'm driving it, but the KO2 I have now are a dream everywhere except my wallet...

The only real complaint I had with the Radars was the cracking. I think the Toyos are better in the snow, but I had them a few years apart and on two different rigs, so I can't really offer a good comparison there.