Is a broken ECM worth selling? 98 Pathfinder.

Frankeenfurter

Hi all, 

Just wondering if I should pay the $150 fee that the shop is asking for my old 98 Pathfinder ECM. They put a newer one in, but they have a hold on it from the makers of the refurbished one. Is it worth it to keep? Could I sell it to a refurbished company that fixes them or possibly on Ebay. Obviously I'm out of my element here, but I'd like to know if I should keep it, or move on. 

Thanks. 

If you're throwing a computer at it without knowing for sure that the old one is the problem, might be worth keeping it, or at least stalling on sending it back, until you're sure the old one is in fact roached. If it is verified junk, send it in as a core and let someone else deal with it. I doubt anyone but the rebuilder is looking for a blown up computer for a '98 Pathfinder.

@SlartibartfastShop said it was bad and that is what they put in there. They won't let me have original part it till I pay 150 because of the hold from the refurbished one they put in there. She's running great now. No check engine light. The whole point for me was to potentially sell it to recoup a portion of my repair costs. Could I even get anything for a bad one if that is the case? Seems like maybe or maybe not. 

Personally I’d just let the shop recycle it. Think of it this way, there’s one more core for them to rebuild, and keep someone else’s truck on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1