95 Pathfinder exhaust manifold

Jimmie

Are they any tutorials on changing out the passenger side exhaust manifold? Does anyone know what the 300ZX studs part number is? Jim

The revised manifold stud Nissan part number is 14065-V5004
If your patient as hell and say a little prayer, hit it with several sessions of penetrating oil, wire brush it between so the oil can really get in there, when you manage to crack the studs spin them back tight and gradually you will be able to spin more threads out, you get too rammy and the will snap, if the nut spins off and the stud is stuck in the headers put 2 nuts in and torque then together. good luck65ac77ff057781b4e3cd375c306e90b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!!!!  Can the manifold be pulled without dropping the Y pipe and taking the left side loose?  Since the manifold has studs in stead of bolts how can I slide it out? 

Edited by Jimmie

Will the studs need to come out of the manifold first? Or can I just remove the nuts and leave the studs in. It looks like there is not enough room to double nut them. Jim

Edited by Jimmie

In the manifold kit I ordered the flange gasket has a metal O-Ring. Does it go on top of the gasket or below ? Never used one like this . Jim

Exhaust Gasket.JPG

1 hour ago, Jimmie said:

In the manifold kit I ordered the flange gasket has a metal O-Ring. Does it go on top of the gasket or below ? Never used one like this . Jim

Exhaust Gasket.JPG

General response since I don't know specifics of WD21 here, but normally you'll use one or the other and not both together.  When you take it apart, the exhaust tube will either be flush or sunken in the flange and use the flat gasket, or the tube will protrude from the flange and use the ring gasket.  It'll be fairly obvious, and if the ring gasket is used, you'll just need to pry the old one off first.

Thanks, I had everything covered up using my torch and welder getting the broken exhaust studs out. I went back and uncovered the flange and the was just a metal donut ring in it and I pried it out with my pocket screwdriver. Both gasket and ring were in the box, and I did not know which one to put back. JIm