Ramped my 97 today

Was going about 55-60 down a dirt road when i saw a bump, slowed down to about 50 before i hit it. It was pretty smooth but i felt the suspension fully compress before i knew i had underestimated it. So i straightened out the wheel, let off the gas and held on for dear life. It leveled off and felt good before i felt the struts top out. Then the the rear jerked. That moment of realization rushed through my mind as i thought about the rust and my rebuilt panhard bar mount. Then my tye rods. I was in the air long enough i was considering what all would happen when i landed. I felt the front drop around a foot to 14 inches before it contacted the same time as the rear. Luckily i wasnt on the brakes so the treads quickly caught and i took action. I romped on the gas to level out and she slammed down. Every corner bottomed out and the fronts made a lound grinding noise as they rubbed violently against the inner fenders. It was rough but never had any lack of control. This cars gonna stay. Ill keep fixing it after that. Still processing it all lmao. 

5 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Some people see their lives flash before their eyes. Others see their truck's maintenance history and known faults.

Lol, i guess so...

For a few monthes i did door dash. I was delivering to an apartment building and there were no open spots except a handicap spot, which I obviously didn't park in. I parked next to the sidewalk, had my hazards on and all. I walked to the back door to grab the food, and as I'm standing there a Dodge mini van backed into the door as it was fully wide open and i was standing there. T-Bone scenario, but the door acted like a knife. The only damage to my pathy is a little paint chip on the side, and a the door being slightly off. But you really REALLY have to be looking for it. Totaled her car though lol. After that I swear the keys will have to be pulled from my cold dead fingers.

You should put some rally stripes on after that one though!

4 hours ago, Strato_54 said:

For a few monthes i did door dash. I was delivering to an apartment building and there were no open spots except a handicap spot, which I obviously didn't park in. I parked next to the sidewalk, had my hazards on and all. I walked to the back door to grab the food, and as I'm standing there a Dodge mini van backed into the door as it was fully wide open and i was standing there. T-Bone scenario, but the door acted like a knife. The only damage to my pathy is a little paint chip on the side, and a the door being slightly off. But you really REALLY have to be looking for it. Totaled her car though lol. After that I swear the keys will have to be pulled from my cold dead fingers.

You should put some rally stripes on after that one though!

Thats incredible, id love to see that in person, i mean i can just imagine it chopping into the van badly enough to total it out. 

th-195886128.jpg

Edited by Everett