If you get codes for slow O2 sensor, take a look under the car

EricCR

Mostly an FYI in case someone faces this at some point. This is why properly attaching those clips that come with the sensors is important. Shaft caught the wire and tore it. The sensor is honestly in a pretty bad spot since there's just a narrow area between the shaft and the exhaust for the wire to go through (this is the driver's side):

2022-02-18-10-44-35-726.jpg

Had a check engine light only coming up during long drives (1+ hours). with these codes:

P0159: O2 sensor circuit slow response bank 2 sensor 2

P1167: Heated O2 sensor 2

Bought a new NTK (NGK) sensor and it's all good now. The 4th clip that goes last (top-to-bottom) is a real pain to get to, especially if like in my car, the old clip was stuck in place and didn't want to come off. I had to destroy it to remove it.

Edited by EricCR
  • Like 1

Alternatively, I left my original line in place (cut off the plug & sensor) & then zip tied to it. Not all the aftermarket O2 sensors have the clips or the clips in the right place.

Good tip! Mine was basically all loose so it made more sense to just get rid of it. But yeah, if the old one is firmly attached to its clips, that's an easier approach.