CB Antannea Questions

Harbinger

I did a search and this and came up with a few questions.

I read that you can't mount an antannea on the swing out carrier?

And also, I notice that there are plastic pads isolating the antannea mount, but wouldn't it ground out via the bolt attatching it? How do you properly ground a ground-plane antannea?

Also, 88, any luck using an exploder sub amp to fuel a PA speaker? :D

Edited by Harbinger

I haven't had time lately to mess with the Exploder amp idea, but I'll let you know.

As long as the antenna is grounded, it'll work wherever you want to put it. It's efficiency depends on placement, though. The higher you place it, the better it works. See if you can find a CB shop locally and ask them to test and tune your CB for SWR and power output if you really want it to work well.

Do I just need to run a ground wire from the antannea base to somewhere on the chassis?

Well I mounted mine dead center on the spare tire rack, right below the squar-ish opening in the back of the carrier. Makes it easy to take off in a hurry if I hit some clearance issues.

Its a 102" whip so It extends a healthy distance above the roofline.

I just need some coax cable and I'm set, *payday payday payday*, then a PA speaker of course, but thats not crucial to CB operations.

I bought a 20ft lenght of coax yesterday with a cb connection ending with two spade connections.

Now where do I attatch the individual spade connections? The antannea is a 102" whip with a ball mount.

Edited by Harbinger