Hey everyone.

derogate

Just stumbled by this site via a link on another Nissan forum. I might be getting myself a pathy soon. I was a little leary of the price for the milage, but here's what I'm looking at:

95 SE-V6 pathy with the sport package (LSD, 4wheel disc, and dual mode shocks/tranny)

166,xxx miles (267000 km) on it and its been babied the whole way. Looks like brand new inside and out, save for some very small scratches on the door. Never been offroad, but 4wd works like a charm, I tested it myself. All the maintanance has been done (water pump, timing belts etc)

The guy wants, 7500 CAD, or 6250 USD roughly.

Is it worth it with all those miles on it? How far you think it'll go before it starts to get old and break down?

I'm also used to driving around my little ford tempo so the gas bill is going to take some getting used to i think. But if its gonna last me and be reliable till 400000 km's i'd be more than happy to buy it.

so whats your thoughts guys?

Welcome! This place has been great for me, I'm sure it will be for you too. IMHO I think that price is a little high for the year/mileage. Of course I'm gauging that by what I paid for mine, and there is no shortage of Pathys for sale and on the road here in Colorado. For what it's worth I bought my 92 last year in good condition for $2800 with about 150,000 miles, but it's an XE. However, a well cared for Pathy like the one you are talking about will likely be a dependable vehicle for some time yet. Lots of Pathfinder owners have way more miles on their truck. Good luck!

thanks for the input, I'm lookin forward to buying this thing so i can take it offroad with my buddies back home. Not to mention the reliability of these things. From what i can tell it seems like things don't often go wrong, but if they do, its only 1 of a handfull of common problems. Albeit some are mighty expensive to fix, but knowing that when it is, it will be reliable again for quite some time is a really great thing!

Lookin forward to spending some more time around here. Thanks!

I agree with earth1 on that price...seems kinda high, but sounds in great condition! BTW..Welcome!

I bought my "California" Pathy ('92 XE 114,000miles) 2 years ago for $3,600..from a friend. Not one spot of rust to be found, but some clear coat peeling in back.

Glad you have decided to "find your own Path!" hope you enjoy your Pathy as much as we enjoy ours...most of the time! LOL WAVEY

...most of the time! LOL  WAVEY

Sounds to me that you're not liking yours much. :nono:

I got mine for around that price almost 2 years ago. I have a 97 though and about 97K miles. It was used as a grocery getter since it was the doctors wifes... Nothing wrong with it at all. There was one thing that bothered me, though. It was the smell of baby milk, or powder. I think they poured some in the vent prior to selling it. Most of the smell is gone by now.

Edited by 90seven

welcome to the forums derogate. My brother is still selling his 95 SE. It's listed in the vehicles for sale section, If you live around the southern ontario area, you're more then welcome to come by and have a look. The price he's asking is a little better than the one you're looking at judging by milage alone. :beer:

thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna go for, i've been cleared for my loan and I'm gonna see if i can get him to budge on the price a bit, hopefully so that im only paying 7500 after all the taxes and whatnot.