High Flow Cat

wheel366

I'm looking into a high flow cat, but I don't know where to look or even what is good. Do you guys and girls have any suggestions as what to get?

BTW, my mechanic STILL has my truck. He was in Florida for the past week. I called a few shops, but none of them want to take on the job since it was started already. He finally took the pistons out after 4 months to get the rods done, but never dropped them off to have his guy do the work.

I've just come to the conclusion that I will have had the truck 24 months in June. Once May roles along he would have had it for 14 of the months and I've only had it for 10. Something is not right about that.

Edited by wheel366

You need to go buy a manual and finish your Pathy yourself! My GOD... WTF is this guy doing!??? I think there is a law against that?????

Anyhoo... I have high flow cats, but they are a "generic" version.. no big brand name on them, but they work really well. (I have to smog my Pathy)....

• 2 months later...

Slick, where did you get your cat from? I need to order one today and am trying to find something. Would you have a part #?

How is the fit with this one?

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?...h.asp&x=39&y=15

of this one?

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...95a26242108cd7f

Any ideas which one might be better? I have the thorleys and a borla if that makes any difference.

Edited by wheel366

I'm looking into a high flow cat, but I don't know where to look or even what is good. Do you guys and girls have any suggestions as what to get?

BTW, my mechanic STILL has my truck. He was in Florida for the past week. I called a few shops, but none of them want to take on the job since it was started already. He finally took the pistons out after 4 months to get the rods done, but never dropped them off to have his guy do the work.

I've just come to the conclusion that I will have had the truck 24 months in June. Once May roles along he would have had it for 14 of the months and I've only had it for 10. Something is not right about that.

I know the feeling. I have a heep I am trying to dump (so I can get a pathy). I have owned it for over three years...however, I've only had it in my posession about half that time.

Two morlas to the story:

1> Don't ever buy a heep :nono:

2> If you have a big project including engine rebuilds, swaps, splicing wiring harnesses, etc... multiply the time you think it will take by 10 :wacko:

Z

I don't have a part number.. could get you one. Had local shop do it. Lovin it! I have the Thorleys also. Good rumble. Doesn't really matter as long as you make sure it's a HIGH FLOW cat.. I can take a pic of mine if you want?

Well, my mechanic just told me that I have 2 cats? Is this true? If so, would anyone know the dimensions of them? When I went to the local performance shop, the asked me the in and out diameter, length and whether or not it had a a tube for the oxygen sensor.

Umm... I have no idea what that means. I know it's a 1995 but that is all I know. If I need to order 2, then I need to get dimension for both, etc...

Edited by wheel366

Well, I have a 95 so I guess it's true.

Since I can't find out dimensions, etc... I'm just gonna wait until I get the truck back, have time to get the correct cats and take it to the local Midas.

My 95 only has 1. I have never heard of 2 cats, but then maybe I'm just lame. I'm thinking 1 is a resonator (had a car like that) or the shop is full of isht or trying to rip him off. Not like thats the first time it has happened. :shrug:

B

some vehicles do have 2 cats, a main one, and a preconverter that's located right behind the manifold, it preheats exhaust gases so the main converter functions a little better.

Edited by statikuz

Hey Wheel,

Judging from the gearheads on this site that own '95s and say there's just one cat in the system, your mechanic is effing you yet again. If he can't tell that it only has the single cat he doesn't know enough about your truck to lay his hands on it. Please figure out a way to get your truck back without paying him a dime. If I remember right, he's your mom's friend or something so it's gonna be tricky, but for the love of God, man do it.

Are there any NPORA members in New Jersey that can help this poor soul out? It seems as if he's got the cash to pay you if you could put his truck back together. Somebody?... Anybody?... Bueller?...

Someone help this poor sap steal back his pathy from that crook. For god sakes, you could have done all that work blindfolded with 1 arm tied behind your back by now.

If you did have 2 cats your replacement would replace the extra one, then you get the rest made custom straight pipe.

Well, here is the quick rundown that happened thursday night and friday. He got bad, told me to come and get it. I showed up with a flat bed, he told the flat bed it wasn't ready to be towed.

He came to my house as I went to his house on Friday to get pictures of the cars and license plates in his driveway that do not belong to him. As I was leaving he pulled up. We had some words, I told him that my lawyer will have a field day with him and his parents and the next thing I know he is at my house saying he doeasn't want to have to deal with all the crap and he promises to have it by Friday. I changed it and made it thursday and he swore infront of a COP that he would have it for me thursday night. If not, the injunction is getting filled FRiday morning!

That's the quick version

:clap: About time. I guess he finally understands he is not in any position to make demands. Personally, I wouldn't pay the @$$ a dime but if you do, make sure you do it after 15 months... ;) GL Bud !!

B

That great news.. and when you do get it back give it a thorough once, twice, three times over.. then look it over again to make sure he has not done something to bite you back later on.

Definitely do it wheel366 !! Spent a $100 or so and have the work checked, a law suit may still be comming. Really hope not for your sake though !!

Post 95 just meant that your Pathy is a 95 or newer.

DOOH !! Post means after !!! 'Post 95' is after 95, ie 96+ !!! :blink:

B