Another tire size question

BamaQX402

So my 02 QX4 has the tri-spoke 17" wheels, which I like. Came mismatched with 245/65-17 on front with 255/65-17 rear, all street tread. I'm not ready to make the investment for the lift I'd prefer.

So at stock height; would 245/75-17 (31.5 x 9.6) or more desirable, 235/85-17 (32.7 x 9.3) fit without rubbing?

Thanks in advance for any advice

2 hours ago, BamaQX402 said:

So my 02 QX4 has the tri-spoke 17" wheels, which I like. Came mismatched with 245/65-17 on front with 255/65-17 rear, all street tread. I'm not ready to make the investment for the lift I'd prefer.

So at stock height; would 245/75-17 (31.5 x 9.6) or more desirable, 235/85-17 (32.7 x 9.3) fit without rubbing?

Thanks in advance for any advice

I believe 245/70-17 are the largest without rubbing strut

So the diameter, 30-31" is more critical than the width to clear the strut?

And even after lifting, if I want to keep stock wheels, I'll need to add wheel spacers to my list?

Edited by BamaQX402

Since the strut overhangs the inner edge of the tire (lower coil bucket, should be pretty easy to see if you peek in there), maximum diameter is very critical. As @R50JR said, 31" is your max with regard to that. If you want to retain your current wheels when you get larger tires later on down the road you'll need spacers.

As far as fitting without trimming the fenders or bumper, 31's may require some trimming, but if so it won't be a lot.

• Like 1

Hi all, 

Sorry for another tire question. 

I'm in need of new tires, I've been running 265/65r17 with front rubbing at full lock. Those tires are by spec 30.6'' however they are 29'' in reality. 

My question is when we talk about 31'' tires being the most you can put on stock R50 are we talking tire calculator size or real size. 

Just for comparison my neighbour is running 265/70r17 GT grabber ATx which are 31.6'' by spec but 30.5 in reality. Would those fit with spacers? 

Thanks a lot for any help!