What shocks to get?

RowOSU

Ok, are the RAN-RS99118 really worth the extra 50 bucks over the RAN-RS5118? I can see the differences on the summit website (Poly bushing instead of rubber, triple tub instead of double and of course the 9000 is adjustable) But are all these differences worth the extra money? I am doing the bushing job next week and figured I would throw shocks on at the same time.. wish I could add new springs then but money doesnt permit now...

SECOND: what the heck is this? Anyone know anything about or had experience with these?

Thanks,

Cameron

what the heck is this? Anyone know anything about or had experience with these?

They look like a poor-man's solution to a real lift, and (IMO) a sort-of "billyjoebob redneck" method. I would be wary of spring stability if placed outside of the coil (ie. on top or on bottom) since the spring could pop out of its mount. Also, they look like they wouldn't work well on the front springs, since by installing them you will lose significant uptravel (spring can't compress as much).

Plus, they're so thick I don't know how you'd fit them between the spring coils, then get the coils in the truck anyway.

Yea, the only reason I was looking at them was people who have done the OME have had problems with the front being lower than the rear. They do look pretty sketch though...

you can pick thise up at schucks... they dont go on the top or bottom of the spring.. there to soft.. they go in the middle and wrap around with the spring thats why theres a slice up the side (if that makes sense) there to help saggy old springs... i slapped a pair on the rear of my car and they didnt do anything