Update on skids

Runnerman

Sorry guys but it's been a chore to get someone that has this year of pathy to fit a skidplates for. Since I ran out of dealers I have to wait until someone replies that can let me use their truck for a few hours. These plates just need one more adjustment that's it.

I even offered the used dealers to rent their trucks out for the day told them exactly what I needed. They said no.

Now I figure I might just swap a straight trade for an older pathy for our van since we will be selling it anyways. This way I can get these skidplates finished and maybe whatever else you guys might have in mind since it will be sitting in my yard ;) This way I'm not at someones beck & call.

Just blown away as I'm offering Free skidplates powdercoated no hidden fee's everything you will get when you order off my site.

What you think 97 Voyager for older 92 pathy?

The used dealers here seems they can't move these trucks as the price of gas is killing there sales (finally a good thing)

See if there open today I would like to move on with these skidplates and finish them off.

:beer:

Thanks for the compliment... I'm a little to far away for the skids deal tho... :(

Xara 3D5 is the name of the software I made it on. It's free from download.com I think... If not hit google up for a copy. There's a bunch of different stuff you can do with it.

Guest Hillclimber
Hey TrailChaser just want to say first off that is the coolest Sig I have seen to date :cool2:

I am located by Winnipeg M.B.

Hey,

Seen the site, like the ideas. Have you bin to our local club site?

Any plans on heading to alberta this year? I know were not exactly close, and you cant just climb under a truck and make a plate. We have our annual Jamboree in August, you could measure all the Nissans you wanted, borrow a garage from one of us. Just a thought.

Ether way your wellcome to come out anytime.

Hey Runnerman,

I was checking out the skids again, because after the Barnwell run I can now see how bad I need some. I have a couple of questions about'em...

What kind of clamps are you using to mount the skids? Do the skids have exposed bolt heads? I've heard where bolt heads get sheered off on rocks, even the grade 8 ones.

Here's an idea that I'm sure isn't original...

post-6-1114002261.jpg

One mount I have seen that is pretty good is a set of rectangular leaf spring mounts clamped on the crossmembers, bolt heads up, makes attaching them a little trickier, but skidding the loop side over a rock won't hurt it.

Hey guys the front skidplate will be looking like the front for the xterra so a good pic of this is to clink on those links on my site.

I do know that Grade8 bolts ca be sheared off but it would raise the price up tons to weld the ring around the mounting holes. That is the best I can do without going into crazy money. But where the bolts will be showing is where both plates attatch that is where the exsposure will be and just cary extra bolts.

I do have exposed grade 8 bolts on my pathy and at first I had Grade5 but they are not as strong so changed them.

The rear clamps that are shown is not how it will be installed, it was a quick pic. I'm in the process of getting a whole lot of backs made for those clamps this way the Loop end will be on the bottom. . After the backs of the Brackets are finished and make sure the front will fit with all the adjustments that I made.

As soon as those are done I have a local Pathfinder I can fit them on,

then I can start production on these plates

Thanks for the offer Hillclimber as I almost did come out there for my new X but bought it here as they caved in and gave me a better deal.

Soon guys I will have these done for you.