Squeeks!

Ramithepimp77

My pathy makes little squeeks and rattles and things every time I go over a slightest of bumps. It sounds like its comming from the front.

Last time I had that noise comming from the rear it was my rear sway bar links cuz the bushings were all dead and things were rattling lol. After I took it off.... No more squeeks from the back AND better flex of course.

BUT the front is different. The front sway bar is gone and it squeeks and makes like noises like.....uh..... if u were to take a couple of washers in your pocket and walk around with them in there. That prolly didnt help LOL.

And when i go over a speed bump it makes a different sound to. like a creeking sound? OH GOD!!! ARG!!!!

Rami

I had a similar problem. Turns out that it's a problem with the volume control on your radio. Easily fixed. :)

Hehehehe.... it's such a simple cure too.. just grab and turn..or..if you're lazy like me..you will have the remote control glued to your hand at all times...so you just have to hit the ^^^ button...

BUT! If you really wanna know.. then check all the bushing in the front end and see if there are any worn, torn or even missing....

Hey Rami. By the nature of squeaks (and you discription) when the front suspension moves, something complains. Something is upset, tired, had a long decade, etc. Try isolating what side it comes from, or what wheel causes it. Next, shimmy under and look in general. Does everything look like toast, crudded up, dry, or only some things. Compare this to when it happens and imagine what your suspension is doing. Ok, now, get a spray can of wd-40, silicone spray or something else temporary like that. Now spray 1 suspect (joint, bushing, etc) well and drive some. Is the squeak gone ? Did it lessen ? If not, pick suspect #2 and shoot him, etc, etc, etc. This may sound painstaking, but not really, I have isolated causes by this method quite quickly. The nice thing is that you learn a lot. Get a cardboard box and cut it open so it lays flat (write 'this side down' on one side) and use that as your creeper so you can slide under for 1 minute anywhere.

All that being said, squeaks can be from several places, or not in the front end at all, but something disturbed by the motion. My hood latch was squeaking for weeks before I figured that one out. What the heck, you got to start somewhere...

Bernard

I know the volume control method quite well BUT I lost my remote in the mountains a while ago and my deck is starting to get messed up. I mean its an alright deck BUT i bought it used for 50 bucks. So its hard to turn it up. Belive me thats how I fixed it the first time it happened. Ill try to isolate it more though. I hope I can figure it out soon.

Rami

I feel for ya...squeaks and rattles drive me INSANE! Precise1's idea is painstaking but a very sound idea.... it may take a while, but at least you'll be able to pinpoint the noise instead of paying good $$ after bad trying to figure it out.... :aok: