Interior Mode / Mountain Bikes continued…

Trialsin26

I just finished my rear cargo area modification. I used a quality sheet of plywood to make a sub floor which I bolted down to factory bolt holes. I then covered it with a husky mat and bolted down two fork mounts for my mountain bike. I also added a flashlight mount and fire extinguisher. Let me know what you think. :D

DSCF0002-copy.jpg

I hope you don't have a big dog :D I do like the setup- nice job. I love the fact that it is now inside the vehicle. Do you have disc brakes? I don't think you do but that makes it harder to mess with the wheels.

I ordered a Thule Expressway hitch rack but your way is obviously more secure and hidden. Now I don't leave my bike on the rack unattended but if I did, I'd use my Abus lock. They will have to cut the bike rack off first. Oddly enough, I don't miss my roof rack at all. I also don't miss driving into my garage with the bike on it.

What bike is that and what kind of riding do you do?

I just got myself a K2 Lithium 3.0 to replace the $100 FS walmart piecer that got stolen. Took it out on its first trail ride this Sunday and I already can't wait to go again.

Nice cargo area btw.

Yes, that would be a Surly w/ some old-skool Magura hydraulic rim brakes. One nice interior rack idea is to scrounge a Thule load bar from your local junk yard and mount the fork mounts to that. Plenty stable and removeable. It did it for my gf's truck. What is nice about the bar is that you can put it on its side so that the bike will sit ~1.5" lower in the vehicle.

And remove the rear seats. HUGE increase in rear space. I did it last week. Cost me about $5 and 20 minutes.

Correct. It's a Surly 1x1 with some old school Magura 33's. I had the same Idea about just mounting a load bar inside, but I already have Thule rack on top of my Pathfinder and I really wanted to be able to mount stuff to the floor.

I put mine on the backs of the seats, mount them in Fork first.. granted I usually just throw em on top.. Nice though, that is probably much easier to load than mine