motor swap

so what motors drop in a 1991 path? Basically I have a 1991 with +200k and the tranny is basically gone. Started to shift ruff in 1st to 2nd, replaced fluids and now shifts ruff in higher gears. Going up a hill it shifts none stop 2nd and 3rd. If I rebuild the tranny I might as well drop in a different motor. Chevy 350? Any thoughts? thanks, John. :help:

tranny rebuild = $1500

custom 350 swap = $5000 plus parts

sure swap it out, but what makes you worry about the motor with 200k on it? have the compression checked, hell you could probably get a reman vg30 with a warranty, and tranny installed for like 4000

that said Ive got an 89 gmc with a 350 for sale, you could use it as a donor vehicle

Edited by oilman

motor, well it has run ok but nothing like a v8. I have just finished a grandwagoneer and now trying to decide what to do with this. just put 1k in it on brakes and i do like the styling of this. I have definitely had a lot of good times with thing since brand new. Why would a swap cost 5k? I really do not like the shifting problems because it isn't even worth going to the store it takes so long. How much for the donor motor and the bmw? where you located at? jmcalt@pitt.edu or 412-298-8627.