Common Leak points? 03 LE

ferrariowner123

Hey guys quick question

I haven't got my new 03' road worthy just yet, and it seems that mother nature is slowing me down on that venture. I recently came out to see a mess of mold covering the interior (seats, console, steering wheel, you get the idea)

I ripped the interior out and found some standing water in the drivers side foot-well. I originally suspected my cracked windshield but after placing a towel right where the crack appears and find it dry after a heavy rain, im back at the drawing board yet again.

I'm thinking sunroof drains might be clogged but i don't see any evidence on the headliner or the a-pillar. That being said it seems that the source of the water seems to lead toward the front left of the driver foot-well.

Anyone have any other suggestions or first hand experience with this sort of thing? I really want to get this fixed before i fully put the interior back in (After a thorough clean first).

Thanks

-Kyle

Ick!

I had some water in mine recently and tracked it to the sunroof. We'd had a lot of snow, and it had sat on top of the truck, so I think either the drains froze up or it just overwhelmed them (plus my external seal is kinda hooped). I started noticing condensation on the windows inside, which was getting worse, and then noticed drips on the console under the sunroof. I pulled the sunroof shade off and found that the underside of the sunroof glass had big water droplets all over it. There was no sign of water on the headliner or pillar (none visible without tearing it apart, anyway), and even the sunroof shade was dry, so I think it was just running to the edges, down the inner seal, and then dripping into the cabin.

I wiped it out, pushed the snow off, and haven't had an issue since.

Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. No leaks on my 01 but the first thought that comes to mind, although the truck is relatively new, is that on older vehicles or those that sat under trees and collected organic material on top, they tend to get corrosion around the windshield. Happened to my 280Z. You cant see it but its easy to determine if thats the case.

Do you have a pressure washer? Try sitting inside while someone sprays around the front of the truck and check for leaks. Might even work with a garden hose spray nozzle.

My 2001 has had an ongoing problem with this for the past 3 years. When it rains heavily I can see the drips appear in the door frame area just below where the dash starts. And under the floor mat it gets soaked and mildew smelling.

I tried replacing the inner door seal (not cheap), using 14 ga wire to fish out the sunroof drains, vacuuming the drains and the fender where leaves collect.

The only things I have thought of I haven't done are replacing the sunroof seal, and verifying the sunroof drains are still attached.

I did have a problem with the tiny front window seal rubber at the outside base between the plastic hood finisher has deteriorated and was curling up. I glued it down with silicone and the leak seems less, but I'm not convinced it is the real problem.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk