Laggy tachometer?

Hi everyone! I was sitting in my driveway this morning letting my car warm up a bit. I tapped the gas lightly and noticed the needle on the tach starting from idle then upward seems to be a kind of slow. It sort of lags very slightly when rising. I can’t recall ever having a car that doesn’t have a smooth rise when accelerating in park. Can someone pleaseee do me a favor and check to see if yours is the same. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad's '03 was like that. Blip the pedal and the engine revved a moment later. I think it's just the drive-by-wire taking its sweet time to register your suggestion, decide whether it thinks that's a good idea, and then open the throttle.

Older rigs (like my WD21) have a mechanical connection between the long skinny pedal and the throttle body. Foot's down, throttle's open. That's probably what you're used to.

My dad's '03 was like that. Blip the pedal and the engine revved a moment later. I think it's just the drive-by-wire taking its sweet time to register your suggestion, decide whether it thinks that's a good idea, and then open the throttle.

Older rigs (like my WD21) have a mechanical connection between the long skinny pedal and the throttle body. Foot's down, throttle's open. That's probably what you're used to.

Thanks a lot for the reply. That does make sense. The vg33 on does seem to react more quickly to the tap of the pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk