Lifted '94 Pathy

94 Pathy

:beer:

Thanks everyone! Yeah, the 3" body lift will be coming later with 33"-35" with rockcrawler wheels. I'm in the process of having a friend help me with a Rock Krusher rear bumper with receiver & some skid plates for the front and under body. Yo Earth, yeah, I think I'm probablly the first to have the Kumho tires. I've had them for over two years. I love them! When I first got them, it felt like I was in 4wd all the time they gripped so good. I hope Mudfinder wont get upset, but the wife got me specialized plates. Here you go!

-bounce- Thanks guys! The lift wasn't too bad. I couldn't get the front lifted for awhile. I think it had too loosen up alittle first, but then a month or so later...once I had the time, I adjusted the torsions and up it went. I think it's worth the money...

flnl: the distance is 20.5".....why do you ask? I measured the front also and they are 20.5" also believe it or not.

Just an fyi for all you that are having turning radius problems.......if you take off your lower turning bump stops (?) you have a much better turning radius. That's if you are running 31X10.5X15 or smaller. Larger tires & wheels I don't think it will work. I got tired of the creaking and metal on metal rubbing, so I took them off. Much better! :cool2:

flnl: the distance is 20.5".....why do you ask? I measured the front also and they are 20.5" also believe it or not.

Just to compare. As I don't have $$$$$$1500 to import a Calmini kit or $$$$340 for a single Calmini coil, and JGC coils are $$$$ too, even at junkyards (and hard to find), I put another coil spring in the rear and I wanna know how much of real lift I have achieved compared to, for example, Calmini. The rear measurement from my Path is 19.5", so I think I've got 2". Maybe I can search for an alternative to get an extra 1".

In the front it's 17", but that's funny: the driver's side is reindexed and I see I can easily crank at least it 1-2" up. The right side isn't reindexed but is fully cranked. Thanks to a susp shop who changed the bushings :angry:

So, I guess I can get more 1-2" of lift on the passengers side. That way, I can be 18-19" front and 20" rear (from the middle of the wheel center caps).

I asked about that measure cause I think that's the only way the tire size won't make any difference, just if you have a body lift. ;)

pssd

Darn importing costs! If it wasn't so much for the shipping, you could find parts pretty easy. I've heard some guys talk about using other guys original torsions if theirs are too worn out. I have mine sitting in the garage and a pair or Ford F150 coils from a '92. They would give you 1-2" more lift in the rear. I was going t odo that and get some new UCA's & torsions, but decided to go with CALMINI. Much more money, but the wife told me if I was going to do it right, go with CALMINI. :aok: What a great wife, even though she goes nuts :crazy: when I'm spending money for toys for the Pathy. sly