Adding an additional 12v Power Point

Mrelcocko

If you're Pathfinder didn't come with a 12-volt power point in the rear of the vehicle like mine, it's real easy to add one. There's already a place on the rear panel designated to install this all you have to do is cut the hole, run the wire,add in line fuse, connect to battery and walla. You can install a relay, but I chose the easy route.

Tools needed - wire strippers, electrical connectors, electrical tape, crimpers,10m wrench, Phillips head screwdriver and cutter's. Install time 60 min.

a8b2174b4855e8d7bf22d809e52e1678.jpg86d1c38665e237ae551f0a393e6cd8f1.jpgb76d1fde2b979be6b1592a2139690063.jpg3d10e6e5aecfdc6e255173a9cacae437.jpg2b69f704355c854954091be1a27edcb6.jpgc2c5f637a2bb1037fc6597d8e1ea1394.jpgaf36937278ca196b48ce27d372dfbadc.jpg

Sent from my Z836BL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That harness you're holding in the 3rd pic...I'm pretty sure that's the harness for the socket that would've been installed there if from the factory. The socket is the same as what's installed in the dash, but no shortage of other options.

I've had my interior panels off for so long that I forgot I even had one of those!
By the way man, this might hurt a little bit to hear but I'm almost sure you're holding the factory harness for the 12V connection in one of those pictures. I've found that Nissan luckily only had one wiring harness throughout their packages, at least it's the case on every Canadian Pathfinder I've seen. But hey, you've got some nice wiring for an auxilary tire carrier mounted backup light or a low powered amplifier now!

I've found that Nissan luckily only had one wiring harness throughout their packages, at least it's the case on every Canadian Pathfinder I've seen.

Do you think it's the same one for QX4 models too? If so that could certainly be very helpful for adding factory accessories!

That harness you're holding in the 3rd pic...I'm pretty sure that's the harness for the socket that would've been installed there if from the factory. The socket is the same as what's installed in the dash, but no shortage of other options.

No when I got the socket out of the Pathfinder in a junkyard, I got the wiring to. I didn't even look to see if the factory wiring was there on mine.

Also I'm pretty sure if I did use the factory wiring I'd have to turn the switch on in order for it to work. At least this way it's powered all the time

No when I got the socket out of the Pathfinder in a junkyard, I got the wiring to. I didn't even look to see if the factory wiring was there on mine.

I wired the factory harness connector onto my new wiring I ran.

I see. Had us fooled since you didn't mention that.

• Like 1