Fuel Injector WTF?!

rc_cola_j

I planned on changing my 1-3-5 injectors this weekend (2-4-6 in the next few weeks), however only managed to get 1 and 3 done because of a stripped screw on number 5. Finally got this resolved today and swapped out number 5.

Well, I got about 10 feet out of my driveway, CEL started flashing and I felt a lot of virbration. I stopped and checked the code, it was a P0301. Limped the vehicle back into my driveway. White smoke billowing from my tailpipe.

When I checked on things, I pulled the plugs for each injector one at a time. #1, no change in idle. #3, Idle and vibration got way worse. #5, no change in idle.

To me this says that #1 and #5 are mis-firing or not at all.

Any one have any ideas about what I did wrong?

Maybe a bad distributor. Pull your cap off and see if you have any metal shavings inside of it. If so that's probably your problem.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Maybe a bad distributor. Pull your cap off and see if you have any metal shavings inside of it. If so that's probably your problem.

I will check, this evening. Why would the distributor just go like that when not even touching it while doing injectors?

I will check, this evening. Why would the distributor just go like that when not even touching it while doing injectors?

sometimes things just happened and we don't know why. That could be your problem and then again it could be something else. It could be plug wires plugs, compression. Make sure and check for vacuum leaks maybe when you put everything back together a hose could be loose could have a crack the throttle body boot that goes to the air filter could be leaking. Just make sure and double check everything. If you need more help shoot me a text. Eight 6 five three 6 one fourty 6 seventeen and I will call you.

Not sure how long your cables are if aftermarket, but they aren't backwards are they? I could see one bad injector but not 2. Did they go in smoothly, the o rings could get torn and flood the cylinder.

• Like 1

Not sure how long your cables are if aftermarket, but they aren't backwards are they? I could see one bad injector but not 2. Did they go in smoothly, the o rings could get torn and flood the cylinder.

Haven't had a chance to delve deeper yet.

The injector change went smoothly aside from stripping one screw on injector 5. Just took a little work to get it out.

Are you talking about spark plug cables? I switched them out a few months ago, no issues.

I swapped injector 1 and 3 on the weekend, drove around for a few days with everything being fine. After I swapped #5 the other day, I made sure the wires were all hooked back up to the right cylinders. And yes, the injectors went in quite smoothly. No issues.

Just curious, where is the pressure regulator located? Can't seem to see it.

Okay, so. I'm baffled.

The car has sat there untouched for a few days. I just used my scan software to clear the ECU and also clear the "self-learn"......it started up just fine, drives great, no white smoke. Jesus. What happened?

The only things that I've noticed is a constant P0325 code now, as well, there seems to be a little rubber grommet missing from the top of injector 5. They are between the injector and the cap that holds the injector into the rail....1 and 3 have the grommet. not 5.

Jebus Batman