00 patjfinder se upgraded to a LT245 75 16

Hello i upgraded my tires to a lt 245 75 16 l and the front drivers tire only rubs when its tuened all the way to the right in reverse only. Amy ideas how to fix this?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

I had this issue with larger tires too. Locate where you suspect the rubbing is. Is it clipping the bumper? Or the mudflaps?

If you feel like doing so, my solution was just trimming some plastic on the bumper and mudflaps to suit the tire size, but others may have better ideas.

If you don't want to trim, a small spacer lift (like from sfcreation.com) would give you the clearance you need and improve the look even more. Trimming should do the trick though.

If you don't want to trim, a small spacer lift (like from sfcreation.com) would give you the clearance you need and improve the look even more. Trimming should do the trick though.

Its rubbing on the splash gaurd towards the middle on the front. Its only when reversing. Weird. Anyone have any pics of the trimming that needs to be trimmed?

Its rubbing on the splash gaurd towards the middle on the front. Its only when reversing. Weird. Anyone have any pics of the trimming that needs to be trimmed?

When you say it's rubbing the middle of the splash guard in front, do you mean the splash guard that's on the rear of the front wheel opening, or the plastic inner in front of the wheel? If it's the former, you could just remove the splash guards, if it's the latter, a heat gun or really hot hair dryer is all you'll need, just heat up where it's rubbing and reshape it a bit.

Gotcha, where the yellow mark is? 2 options: 1) look for the contact point (should be easy to find by either turning the wheels, or look for the "clean" spot), heat them up a bit and just "massage" them until you've got ample clearance. 2) unscrew the front of the inner well, push it forward a bit, redrill mounting holes, replace screws, done.

Or you could go the highly addictive route and lift via strut spacers (as mentioned above, from Steve "the man" @ sfcreations) or new coils, or both, or SFD, or all of it! Lol, yeah, it becomes an incurable disease...

• Like 1

Mine rubbed in the same exact spot when I put on my 32's back when I was at stock ride height. I cut out the part of the plastic lining that it was rubbing on with a box cutter, and it did the trick. Way easier and more effective than spacers, and it took like 30 seconds. Plus, it won't expose anything to the elements that isn't already from the drain hole in the bottom of the bumper right in front of the spot you're cutting. If pictures would help, I can take some tomorrow once it's light out.

Mine rubbed in the same exact spot when I put on my 32's back when I was at stock ride height. I cut out the part of the plastic lining that it was rubbing on with a box cutter, and it did the trick. Way easier and more effective than spacers, and it took like 30 seconds. Plus, it won't expose anything to the elements that isn't already from the drain hole in the bottom of the bumper right in front of the spot you're cutting. If pictures would help, I can take some tomorrow once it's light out.

I would like that thanks. Also now that back is rubbing now with a load in it going over the bumps. I cant believe its rubbing with this soze. I thought this was another option with no issues.

Where is the back rubbing? There's no way that 245/75r16's shoudl be rubbing AT ALL, especially in the back. They are 30.5x9.6" which is barely over an inch taller and actually narrower than the stock tires. How long has it been since you've replaced your springs, struts, and shocks? Could you measure the space you have in between the top of you tire and your fender? Also, I'll try to remember to take those pictures for you tomorrow.

Where is the back rubbing? There's no way that 245/75r16's shoudl be rubbing AT ALL, especially in the back. They are 30.5x9.6" which is barely over an inch taller and actually narrower than the stock tires. How long has it been since you've replaced your springs, struts, and shocks? Could you measure the space you have in between the top of you tire and your fender? Also, I'll try to remember to take those pictures for you tomorrow.

e600599ceeba156feccb7f5ac4a2dd6e.jpg

Ha believe it or not its just on the drivers side. On the rear its rubbing on a small piece of plastic bwhind the fender flare top middle by the screw. Ya i was think its time for struts and shocks. Thanks for the replies. Oh yes tw the tires are 10 ply light truck a/t tires.

Edited by fearkobe05

I believe the original tire size was a 255 65 16. I did buy used 235 70 16 which is the same height has the 255 65 16. But i decided i wanted a 245 75 16 lt to haul weight. Yes i know 10 ply more than what this truck can handle.

bbb52aabf8d823b6e70f250047d67881.jpg

e97f13c418700b6f3c3479b073549f28.jpg

Here is where I trimmed the plastic in the front. You can imagine when the wheel is turning it passes right through that area now without rubbing on the plastic that was there before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1