What springs to buy?

Guest remelad

Guest remelad

I've searched for info on the AC Lift but cannot find where to purchase one. Would this be the best lift to get a couple inches on a 99 Pathfinder? Maybe OME?

Thanks for the help....I'm a Toyota guru so I'm not up on the Nissan lift info.

Chad

AC sells a couple suspension packages - they are (i think) the only on-line source for 2 inch lift coils. Several importers carry Old Man Emu coils. Search the AC discussion boards for comprehensive threads on the 2 inch coils. They have some minor drawbacks, mainly 'topping out' at full extension, but overall are the most aggressive set up you can run. Emu coils (which i have on my 97) don't lift as much, but are taller than stock, and have no quirky drawbacks. Whichever way you go, consider installing rear shocks, KYB gas struts, strut towers, and strut bearings at the same time.

There is some sentiment that the Nissan strut bearings are the best choice - a few problems have happenned with KYB bearings. But, I have the KYB bearings with no issues, so that may be random luck. Tirerack.com has that stuff, so does AC.

If lift is the goal, some folks have fabricated a spacer for the top of the strut to gain another inch. Typically, the front sits a bit lower due to the engine weight, so the spacer levels out the unibody. Gotta fab that item, it isn't for sale.

On both of these lists (NPORA and AC) you'll find a few very built R50s - look for screen names XPLORx4, burgpath and System-F, among others.

Welcome to the world of Nissan!