Puddle on floor, leaking window seal

Citron

I went out today to warm up the pathy to go for a spin. There was about an inch of water under the driver's feet. Luckily I have no carpet on the floor, all bedliner. The carpet on the bottom of the door panel was wet, and that seemed to be how the water got onto the floor. Judging by appearance, I believe that the seals around the driver window are shot. They are shrunk and no longer staying in place. We got 5" of rain the other day, so I imagine my door is full of water until it overflowed onto the floor.

Is there a good source of new seals?

While I was out driving, I noticed some dripping from trim across the top of the windshield and drips from the dash right below the left vent and above the dash dimmer. When I got back, I pulled the door panel anyway and checked the door drains, they are open and flowing.

It looks like it is the windshield that is leaking. I pulled the trim off around the front left corner of the headliner and the trim off of the driver A pillar. I could trace the moisture down the trim across the top of the windshield and down the windshield gasket along the A pillar.

I think what was happening was some of the water was running down the a pillar and getting in the dash. Then it was dripping out of the dash below the vent and falling into the door pocket. Then running out of the door pocket and onto the floor. There was also water running directly behind the dash, and some dripping straight down from the trim at the top of the windshield.

Looks like I will need to get insurance on the pathy so I can drive to town and get the windshield resealed.

While I was out driving, I noticed some dripping from trim across the top of the windshield and drips from the dash right below the left vent and above the dash dimmer. When I got back, I pulled the door panel anyway and checked the door drains, they are open and flowing.

It looks like it is the windshield that is leaking. I pulled the trim off around the front left corner of the headliner and the trim off of the driver A pillar. I could trace the moisture down the trim across the top of the windshield and down the windshield gasket along the A pillar.

I think what was happening was some of the water was running down the a pillar and getting in the dash. Then it was dripping out of the dash below the vent and falling into the door pocket. Then running out of the door pocket and onto the floor. There was also water running directly behind the dash, and some dripping straight down from the trim at the top of the windshield.

Looks like I will need to get insurance on the pathy so I can drive to town and get the windshield resealed.

My 95 had the exact same leak spots this past December. There were small streams of water flowing down from the inside of the top of the windshield, and behind and into the dash cluster.

I also get a puddle in the rear cargo area, just below where the hatch brake light assembly is (maybe at the top of the hatch seam near the hinge).

Had to go out and buy a canopy from Harbor Freight to park the Pathy under.

I'm wondering if all of these leaks are due to old gasket rubber no longer sealing. Citron, if you get your windshield resealed, I'd be very interested to know if this solved the problem.

My rear hatch window was leaking too. I bought a generic bulb gasket and installed it around the hatch window, and no more puddle in the back. It was dripping down on each side by both rear window defroster connections.

I will let you know if the windshield gasket fixes the leak. It may take awhile to get it to town. It is a 40 minute drive to get to town, and the pathy is off road only, I have a different daily driver. Plus I live onsite in company housing, so I drive very little. I may not get to it for awhile.

• Like 1

Great info on the bulb gasket! Thank you! I wasn't getting anywhere in my online or in-shop searches because I did not know what this stuff was called.
I will pick some up soon and get the rear hatch sealed up.

So it is definitely the windshield. Here is a video showing the drip. It's a lot easier to see the leak with the trim off. Now I just need to get it repaired.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update. I called around and to pay a glass place to fix the leak was too much. So I decided to do it myself. I bought some of this https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-81730-Flowable-Silicone-Windshield/dp/B000BKEBO0

Lifted the trim across the top outside of the windshield enough to get the tube tip in and squirted half the tube in from the middle to the driver edge. Leak slowed down. Squirted the other half tube in from the driver edge to the middle. No more leak.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

No luck. I deleted the emails long ago, and checked out as a guest at JC Whitney, so no order history.

I took measurements on the old one and then searched the site until I found a suitable replacement.

• Like 1