Smart Equipment Control Unit

blk01acr

2004 Pathfinder with battery drain over 2 - 3 days. After systems go to "sleep" I found a constant 90ma drain. After sorting through all of the fuses, the drain drops to 20ma when the fuse for the smart equipment control unit is pulled (fuse #24 in passenger compartment fuse block). 20ma drain seems to be a reasonable amount of drain, 90ma does not.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue with this unit and does anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot this unit?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jim

Smart Entrance Control Unit, btw.

The unit is detecting state changes in door, lights, alarms, security, etc...so perhaps it's a faulty unit. I'm not able to check out the FSM at the moment to help, but might want to use that as a starting point since there are troubleshooting steps. Doubt any will be specific to a parasitic draw like this, but surely steps on how to diagnose the model.

I'll try to chime in later today with a better response.

• 2 weeks later...

.09amps dont seem that bad. i am not sure what mine draws sitting. havent ever had to check it. i have seen draws of .3amps with the vehicle off, that was a bad one. again i am not sure if 90ma is horrible or not. maybe your alternator isn't charging fully or your battery has a bad cell that continuously leaches the charge? the 300ma one was a bad diode in the alternator and the battery was leaching backward to ground.

be sure to clean the top of your battery of dust and debris, believe it or not that crap is conductive, you can get a v reading from the negative post to the top of the battery if it is dirty enough.

Good luck, i hope you get her sorted, car problems in the winter are no fun for sure

Pat