Battery drain - 2004 Pathfinder

blk01acr

Battery drains in less than a week when not driving my '04 Pathfinder. Replaced battery but problem was still there. Connected an ammeter in series with ground lead and found a steady .75 amp drain. Started pulling fuses one at a time to check for root of the problem.
When I pulled the audio fuse the loss at the battery dropped to .09 amps. Stock radio with no audio mods. Has anyone else had this problem?

Not sure where to head next, any suggestions would be appreciated.

You've got a parasitic drain somewhere, probably in the audio system wiring. Could be as simple as a rubbed hot wire shorting/grounding. Only way to find it is to check individual wires with an anmeter to see which one always has current running through it with everything turned off, and then chase the wire to find the short. You're probably in for a headache, have fun.

You might want to check the wiring schematic and make sure nothing else is fed off of that fuse. Sometimes other small systems will be fed off of a common fuse. They don't always list everything in the owners manual.

Edited by Citron

I've had this problem twice. both times connected to the rear window wiper assembly. first time took me the longest to find. replaced the offending wiper motor unit with a JY find. worked fine for about 2 years then started having the same battery drain. pulled the fuse to the rear window wiper and no more problem. Soon enough I'll find another rear wiper motor assembly and replace it again...until the i'll live without it.

I have seen photos of an adapter for a blade type fuse that clips to a multimeter then substituted for a fuse to measure current flow through the fuse box for a circuit.

Has anyone used this type of device or know where one can be purchased.