Tires Again -- Sorry if it's a Repeat !!!

ORE

Sorry if this has been beat to death in the past but I couldn't find everything I needed in other posts. If y'all can help me out I'd really appreciate it. From the other posts I understand that 31 X 10.5 tires should fit my stock '98 Pathfinder SE.

Follow-up questions:

1. First, am I correct in saying they'll fit? I can just go to the tire shop and have them put on with no modifications? The 265/75/R15's on there now sure seem close to the springs/struts -- how do 31's not rub?

2. Would a change to 31's have any significant effect on gas mileage?

3. Does the bigger tire have any significant effects with regard to transmission/gearing?

4. Finally, if any of y'all run BFG All-Terrain's, what kind of mileage have y'all gotten out of them?

Thank y'all.

well, 265/75R15's are the metric equivalent of 31's. 265/70R15's, like I have right now, are the stock size and are equal to 30x10.5. The tires won't really impact gearing, since the change would be so small. Most have reported a drop in mileage, anywhere from .5 to 2 mpg. ;)

Good answer BigJ. I was just going to say. My stock tires were 265/<b>70</b>/15's. If you've already got 75 series tires, then you should not really notice any difference from that jump to 31's.